7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking to find a quick and compact game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Bourbonnais-Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi guys and gals, Im hoping some of you can recommend me a game to play this Saturday for tabletop day. Ill be doing my basic military training so I wont have much room in my rucksack for a big game and we only have about 20-30 minutes of free time. So I'm looking for something similar to love letter or hanabi but with a military theme if possible ^.^ Thanks for the help and be sure to have fun this saturday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck!

Consider Battle Line. Small and light game, light military theme, and rewards skilled play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Sattler
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Battle for Hill 218
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Juku
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chronicle is a fun little game, though not a military theme. Plays pretty quickly.

7-Card Slugfest? Not military either, but it's a bar brawl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bourbonnais-Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi Guys, thank you for the recommendations I didnt have time to pick them up before saturday, but we ended up having no free time at all this weekend so I wouldnt have been able to play. I did however put some zombie dice in a sock to keep the noise down and played between each patrol from 12am to 2 am friday night
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the follow-up. I appreciate it when people tell us how the recommendations went. I recently picked up battle line, as a user suggested earlier, and have loved it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get a plastic deck of cards, the ones that are virtually indestructible. Then you can play Poker, Euchre, Cribbage, Bridge, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.