Mike Sweeney
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my birthday gifts to my wife this year was a themed date day without the baby. Her choices of theme were "Mystery," "Love," "International" and "Silly." Silly was kind of the after-thought to round out the list to 4 choices, so of course that's what she picked. Part of the day will be spent playing games, and I don't have very many that I would call "silly." What silly games would work well for 2 adults? Bonus points if there's some strategy to it.

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Sattler
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I admittedly don't have any great answers, but since nobody else is chiming in.. here goes.

Guillotine
Loopin' Louie
Elk Fest
Escape: The Curse of the Temple (but only with the curses)
JAB: Realtime Boxing - closest thing to a 2 player party game available
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jellyfish Head
Canada
Toronto (Newmarket)
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dancing eggs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bergom
United States
Towson
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
"Sometimes it would be nice to be wrong about people." -Commander Samuel Vimes
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife favors silly games if she's going to play. The only two I can think of that she likes and work 2p are Gloom and Fluxx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan B.
United States
Shelby Township
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Fighter is a pretty silly dexterity coop game that has you do some ridiculous things in order to slay them monsters. It plays well with 2 and could make for an interesting evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
Look at me!
badge
Get Schwifty!
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Guillotine

Gloom is a good one, but you have to know your wife is willing to get creative and tell stories in order to make the game humorous.

Unexploded Cow is my go to silly game for my wife and I. We have another couple we play it with from time to time, and it works a bit better with more people since the end of the game is more interesting. I really enjoy it at two still though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Yoder
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Animal Upon Animal. Dungeon Petz would work if you're looking for a deeper game for 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
Tarantel Tango: play cards, making appropriate animal noises as you play them, while the rules slowly get more and more complicated, ending up rather difficult in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Levine
United States
Clinton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Will - race to spend all your money. This definitely has strategy, and should be available with the recent reprint.
Shear Panic - 'In Shear Panic, ewe maneuver your ewes to score points, playing tag, standing close to Roger, or trying to avoid the shearing scissors! Will your brave sheep score the most points, or will it be "Off with the wool" for ewe?'
Win, Lose, or Banana - this is barely a game and is very short, but is definitely silly, and very inexpensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sweeney
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help everyone! Based on our tastes and price, I went with Guillotine, although I've got my eye on Dungeon Fighter as well. Looking forward to playing it tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Fighter's Sword of Friendship is super cute.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You have to throw the die by holding another player's hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.