Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crystal McLaughlin
Australia
WOLLONGONG
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone excited about Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men?
I'm super excited, and can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
I'm kinda turned off by the fact it's collectible. Really no interest in a la Magic dynamics, where to be competitive you have to invest on getting new material with the hope of some decent additions to your core-set pool. I'd be more interested if the format were a "living dice game", but even in this case, I'd pass (simply too many games to follow that receives a monthly expansion, and it's not only a fact of costs, but that they will remain probably unplayed for a very long time)

But hey, the more variance, the better I do hope the game matches your expectations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Julia. Not a fan of the collectible aspect. Plus, I'm not a big fan of dice games. I could not get into Quarriors, for example.

However, I am interested to see how well the game does. It certainly is different.

So I hope you enjoy it, Crystal. And do please post about it when you get it. I'm very interested in your thoughts on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love dice, too, but the collectible aspect killed it for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mamadallama wrote:
I love dice, too, but the collectible aspect killed it for me.

Ditto. I spend enough money on games as it is. I intentionally avoid anything that requires tons of expansions. It's why I've avoided Pathfinder to this point, much as I think I might like it.

I think it's a cool idea, but just not for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crystal McLaughlin
Australia
WOLLONGONG
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was into magic for a small while so the collectible aspect worries me a little. I really wish they had gone with the limited set option, a la Netrunner and Warhammer invasion. I really think it will depend on how they treat the next set as to if I continue to collect.
I never had quarriors, although a couple of months ago I bough the iPad app. Which I quite enjoyed. And I quite like rolling dice. So this ones not a stretch given I also like the super hero theme. I will keep everyone updated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.