Subject: "Bleed" on enimies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Horace Darksaber
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This issue came up literally on the VERY first turn my group took, right off the bat the Shadow Walker attacked with his Feathered Hatchet, got a Surge and chose to Bleed the target... so,
What the heck does Bleed do to enemies?! The card only states you suffer 1 Fatigue per action while you're Bleeding and the new rulebook does not even mention Bleed condition at all unless my whole group missed it or I have pages missing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siu Kee Lee
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As monsters and NPCs do not have stamina, they will suffer wounds in place of fatigue whenever they have to suffer fatigue. That has been the ruling for various other fatigue conditions, such as Disease or Sir Alric's Overtaker (which was quite impressive in Castle Daerion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horace Darksaber
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank ya, and also for the quick reply. We went with that ruling anyway, but just seems silly they didn't make it a more interesting Condition for the players to give the mobs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Making the monster lose 1 wound per action sounds pretty cool to me, as a hero player. Keep in mind that this means a bleeding monster who uses "additional action" cards, like Frenzy, will also lose more than 2 wounds in that turn. Put it on the right monster and the Overlord could be seriously gimped.

Are you suggesting that it would be better if the condition did something different for monsters than what it does for heroes? If that's the case, I disagree. I prefer games where a single "Thing" has a single "Effect" for all figures. The conversion of fatigue to wounds is a general rule, so that's cool.

Or are you suggesting the effect should've been different for both? Out of curiosity, what kind of effect would you have preferred?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stewi wrote:
Making the monster lose 1 wound per action sounds pretty cool to me, as a hero player. Keep in mind that this means a bleeding monster who uses "additional action" cards, like Frenzy, will also lose more than 2 wounds in that turn. Put it on the right monster and the Overlord could be seriously gimped.

Are you suggesting that it would be better if the condition did something different for monsters than what it does for heroes? If that's the case, I disagree. I prefer games where a single "Thing" has a single "Effect" for all figures. The conversion of fatigue to wounds is a general rule, so that's cool.

Or are you suggesting the effect should've been different for both? Out of curiosity, what kind of effect would you have preferred?

I'm not saying I don't think it works the way it currently is but I personally would have preferred it to just be flat out 1 damage rather than fatigue.

But that's coming from a very mean overlord that wants to damage the heroes as much as they are damaging my monsters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
msg tools
mb
...you guys realize this is strictly weaker than Stun, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amoshias wrote:

Not all conditions are created equal. What's your point?

There's a reason there's no Act II Blue-Red-Red weapons that have stun on them that I'm aware of (I haven't seen the new expansion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BertMcCloud wrote:
I'm not saying I don't think it works the way it currently is but I personally would have preferred it to just be flat out 1 damage rather than fatigue.

But that's coming from a very mean overlord that wants to damage the heroes as much as they are damaging my monsters!

Imploding Rift may interest you. Keep the heroes at high fatigue and they'll take quite a bit of damage if they don't get rid of Bleed.

amoshias wrote:

Good thing you can inflict both, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.