Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Erathor wrote:
Base game already anchored 260 orders! Way to go!laugh

Someone at GMT found my weakness.... Damn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to more information on changes from the AH version. I'm fortunate enough to own both MBT and IDF and don't want to duplicate at this stage of my gaming career if there aren't significant differences.

That said, I'm glad that newer gamers will have the opportunity to play and own this fine game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juhan Voolaid
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
286 now, but will it really be published 2015? I would expect it in few months :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erathor Erathor
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not know, I put it 2015 because I estimate it will take a year to send to printer and make the cut. As example, Panzer Exp 3, took almost a year to make the cut and yet the game has been delayed to May due to printer.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Clarke
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
I'm fortunate enough to own both MBT and IDF and don't want to duplicate at this stage of my gaming career if there aren't significant differences.

I expect someone will come up with a summary of the rule changes, which can become optional rules for the old system. You can use Panzer command and control rules instead of doctrine. Hit Location is now generic, all thought that doesn't make much difference.
We need Kontact-5!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me throw this thing!
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect it will be sufficiently different from the AH version that one would consider them "related" but not the same game any longer. This is JUST MY OPINION - I have not compared the Panzer rules side-by-side with the original AH MBT rules, mostly just recalling comments made when Panzer was in development.

Either way, very much looking forward to this product's release. I'm an avid ASL player, so I passed on Panzer et al, but this era is a soft-spot for me, having grown up through the Cold War.

See you in the Fulda Gap!

-N
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erathor Erathor
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
354 pre-ordered...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dexter
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just did order 500.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erathor Erathor
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! Hope it can make it 2014 then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Neilson
United States
Mountain Home
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Unchecked climate change, global nuclear weapons modernizations, and outsized nuclear weapons arsenals pose extraordinary and undeniable threats" -The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists Science and Security Board. 1/21/16
badge
Troops of the U.S. Army 11th Airborne Division watch a plume of radioactive smoke rise November 1, 1951 after a blast at Yucca Flats, Nevada. (Photo by National Archive/Newsmakers)
mbmbmbmbmb
Erathor wrote:

The earliest we will see the game printed will be early summer 2015. The production queue is filled until then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me throw this thing!
mbmbmbmbmb
OrlokSubedei wrote:
Erathor wrote:

The earliest we will see the game printed will be early summer 2015. The production queue is filled until then.

Well, on the "up-side" that gives more time for FRG and BAOR to catch up so all 3 can be printed at the same time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erathor Erathor
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim has posted a free download scenario on GMT blog. Go get it !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.