Fireteam Zero» Forums » General

Subject: KS ended. What now? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Franjo
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The auction funding has finished successfully and the long wait began. To mitigate the effects of the hangover of the last few days and while others are working hard with our money, I have begun to get immersed in the game’s background. I’m reading the first book from Langlois, the one which starts to build the universe in which the game is based: Bad Radio. It’s quite a good read: full of action and testosterone and fast paced but with some depth, portraying the same charismatic characters that we are going to find in the game. I found it a good way to maintain the hype until next summer passes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
perdut wrote:
The auction has finished successfully and the long wait began. To mitigate the effects of the hangover of the last few days and while others are working hard with our money, I have begun to get immersed in the game’s background. I’m reading the first book from Langlois, the one which starts to build the universe in which the game is based: Bad Radio. It’s quite a good read: full of action and testosterone and fast paced but with some depth, portraying the same charismatic characters that we are going to find in the game. I found it a good way to maintain the hype until next summer passes.

I am going to do what I always do: Try to forget I pledged, and focus on the games I have now. If I keep thinking about this game, the wait will be agony, especially as I am more excited about this game than any other I have been involved with on Kickstarter.

So... Er... Yeah. Not thinking about the game.

Other than posting this of course.

But other than that. Not thinking about the game...

Damn it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franjo
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, not thinking nor reading nor posting in the forum.

I think the existence of a good background, prior to the creation of the game, is one of the things that made ​​me finally decide to back the funding. The two dozen pages I read before doing so helped a lot. The universe of FTZ is not Lovecraft's, Star Wars or another generic LoTR fantasy, but has its own personality. And it also has a certain charm, of course, for those interested in WWII, albeit in a alternative WWII.

Reading Bad Radio reminded me a great book by Tim Powers (a master of the "historical fantasy"), Declare, a work which I also recommend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the recommendation!

If you guys haven't checked it out yet, they've set up www.emergent-games.com and have said that will be the "home" of FTZ post KS. Right now there is a newsletter signup, but eventually there will be forums etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I really think it's a mistake to set up alternate forums then here. The more activity here, the more people will notice your game. Serpent's Tongue made the same mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve mohrbacher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure there will be plenty of activity here and there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carbon i vaguely remember your avatar in the Mercs forum...am I right? Did you pledge for Mercs too? If so, you really think fireteam is going to be better than mercs recon?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
patgarret77 wrote:
If so, you really think fireteam is going to be better than mercs recon?!?

Yes.

And no, I didn't back Recon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Im curious...care to elaborate?
Fireteam seems to me a half baked project with scarce material to decide on baking ks. Hence the 150k$ against the 800k$ of Mercs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patgarret77 wrote:
Fireteam seems to me a half baked project with scarce material to decide on baking ks. Hence the 150k$ against the 800k$ of Mercs...

That's an interesting evaluation. During the campaign they had rules video, gameplay overview video, combat video, draft rules, completed renders of the models, final art tiles + prototype tiles showing the evolution, reviews and playthroughs by independent people at the Dallas Games Marathon, not to mention two published books that created the universe in which the game takes place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So my bad. I judged entirely on the ks page. My bad. I will look into this material
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captainraffi wrote:
patgarret77 wrote:

That's an interesting evaluation. During the campaign they had rules video, gameplay overview video, combat video, draft rules, completed renders of the models, final art tiles + prototype tiles showing the evolution, reviews and playthroughs by independent people at the Dallas Games Marathon, not to mention two published books that created the universe in which the game takes place.
Now all we have to do is wait and see if the game that gets produced is playable with the rules that come in the box or if additional videos and forum threads are required (this post based on experiences with their previous KS campaign).

It is interesting that their self published first game did not seem to have this much trouble being played. I wonder what happened?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patgarret77 wrote:
So my bad. I judged entirely on the ks page. My bad. I will look into this material

No problemo, there are links to some of it still on the KS page. Some parts have been taken down/moved etc. If you have any questions, ask away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
erin strickland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was interested in this campaign but in the end decided not to pledge...

what turned me off was the complete lack of information about most of the KS exclusives; no renders or even illustrations for the figures. I wasn't about to drop 25$ a box for something I don't even an inkling of what it actually is supposed to look like.

I e-mailed them and posted on their facebook page multiple times and got no responses, so I decided not to pursue it.

It's an interesting concept; hopefully it's pulled off nicely! lol it is refreshing to see such ambitious start up company on ks and not just "we want millions more dollars" campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
green_lumux wrote:
I was interested in this campaign but in the end decided not to pledge...

Same here, very interested to look at this again once it hits retail though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.