Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Percival
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
badge
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just starting to take the plunge into the Netrunner world. Wondering if there is consistent play or regualar meetups somewhere in Halifax?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Selkirk
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try the shop 'Games People Play' on Barrington Street. They sell games and have a lot of tables for game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Percy0715 wrote:
Just starting to take the plunge into the Netrunner world. Wondering if there is consistent play or regualar meetups somewhere in Halifax?

Isn't there something regular at the Boardroom Game Cafe?

I've played it a couple of times -- not enough to be good at it. It's a good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Moulton
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mkiefte wrote:
Percy0715 wrote:

Isn't there something regular at the Boardroom Game Cafe?

I've played it a couple of times -- not enough to be good at it. It's a good game.

The regular Thursday FFG games night see some regular Netrunner play and we just had our store Championship this past weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Collins
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been communicating with

Max Way
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

who tells me he just ran a tournament in Halifax last week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
badge
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?
mbmbmbmbmb
I go to GPP quite often to buy games, but have never seen "casual" A:NR, mostly casual MTG.

Looks like I'll have to pop down to the Board Room Thursdays to see if I can find a causal opponent. They do serve there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Turpin
Canada
Falmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The boardroom netrunner group are an awesome, friendly group. Recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob B
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sleeved my cards up and am looking for places to play too. I've been practicing on OCTGN up until now. Online, I've only found info about the Board Game Cafe hosting Thursday weeklies and the occasional tournament.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Board Room is the only store actively supporting the LCGs. I would recommend going there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob B
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quantum Frontier is running an ANR night at the end of the month on a monday. Just saw that on their events page.

I called up monster comic lounge too. They don't have a specific ANR regular night, but they do general games nights on Friday and said that usually people will bring ANR up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob B
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made it to Board Room last Thursday. iirc 5 other people were there for Netrunner, which is a pretty good number to have a wide range of opponents and playing styles. I had time to play 2-3 matches against most of them. NBN Fast Advance and Shaper builds seemed pretty popular.

Highly recommended, hope to see more people out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob B
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warning: the ANR game night at Quantum Frontier got cancelled at the very last minute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone ever feels like casual play, I'm in the West End.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.