Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been looking to play the Eye of the storm scenario but when I tried to set up the board I found that the diagram does not match the list of planets. Also the Queen of Blades is meant to have a starting base on Braken which isn't even mentioned in either the diagram or list of starting planets. Can't seem to find an answer in the forums, has anyone played this scenario?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep forgetting this game even offers scenario play. I think it's time I jumped into that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason I am playing the scenario is because I played the TI3 scenarios and found them to be the best way to play and a friend recommend I try them.

I found the answer to my question here on FFG's FAQ:

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/StarCraft/scbw...

I still want to know if anyone has played this scenario and what they think of it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Nedeljkovic
Serbia
Paracin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eatshootsandleafs wrote:
The reason I am playing the scenario is because I played the TI3 scenarios and found them to be the best way to play and a friend recommend I try them.

I found the answer to my question here on FFG's FAQ:

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/StarCraft/scbw...

I still want to know if anyone has played this scenario and what they think of it?

I played it 6 players a month ago and it left me confused a bit. I liked it, but it had the potential of inforcing one tactic for Zergs: take one player out in the first and the second round or you'll lose, Because you're essentially playing 2 on 4 in the first 2-3 rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni L
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I currently participate in PbF version of that same scenario. Check it out here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1079222/sc-7-eye-of-the-...

You're right, there's no Braken on planet list. I think there's entry in Brood War FAQ that amends this. I recommend contacting our GM, cyb3k, for more info on this scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Castrequini
Brazil
Valinhos
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From official Faq wrote:
Scenario Setups
In the “Eye of the Storm” scenario, the following changes
should be made to the Starting Forces. The Overmind starts
on Antiga Prime (instead of Halcyon) and Avernus Station
(instead of Torus). The Queen of Blades starts on Hydrax
(instead of Braken). Arcturus Mengsk starts on Dylar IV
(instead of Antiga Prime).

The early prints has your error. In the "newer" prints this problem was corrected. If this faq didnt help you, let me know and I will look my rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys for your replies, most helpful.

I've set up the boards and am wondering whether the Aldaris are going to have much of a game as they seem to be stuck in the corner behind The Overmind who are on Antiga Prime. They can't go anywhere! What do people think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.