1 Posts

Star Wars: Epic Duels» Forums » Sessions

Subject: The Dark Side is quicker. Easier. More seductive. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Forhan
United States
flag msg tools
So, my son decides to go for Darth Vader and his trooper buddies, while I wisely choose Darth's nemesis and savior, Luke (plus Leia). I really enjoy a lot of the special cards in Luke's deck, and while I know Vader can be strong in combat plus he's got that "All Too Easy" card to watch out for, I figure I'm in good shape.

Turn 1:

I let him go first, and immediately he does a Choke on Leia, which drains 6 out of 10 health she has. He follows up with an unblocked trooper shot that now leaves her with 2 health left. Yowsa! Well, not such a big deal, I figure, as I've got Leia's 7/7 card (forget the name) ready to go on turn 1 so I strike at Darth unblocked plus I get to draw a free card.

Turn 2:

Vader drops ANOTHER Choke and Leia is out of the game. Bye, Leia! I maneuver Luke to a hard-to-reach corner to slow down the onslaught, and play I Will Not Fight You which makes my son lose all his cards, while I lose none of mine. Coolness!

Turns 3 and 4:

We both draw for cards looking for an edge. Vader slowly moves towards Luke.

Turn 5:

I step in to attack Vader, but he has some good blocks and I only score two points of damage total on two attacks.

Turn 6:

My son attacks me and I can't block it. Sensing my impending doom, he plays another card which I can't block. You guessed it, right? It was All Too Easy for Vader to win...
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.