Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing Emergence solo for the first time I had a COG play Cover Fire, then during the Locust phase that COG was injured and started Bleeding Out - this now meant that both COGs in the eyes of the Locust were bleeding out, so fair enough the other Drones and Boomers didn't attack but then what would the Wretches do? They are supposed to move 2 spaces to the nearest COG but don't they ignore COGs that are bleeding out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bang
msg tools
mb
Bleeding out cogs are always ignored by the Locust (unless you are playing Insane mode I believe).

How many COG's are you playing? If two are bleeding out the Wretches/Drones/Boomers will advance towards/attack the ones that are still standing. If you are only playing two COG's (that are both bleeding out)the game is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OD50 wrote:
Bleeding out cogs are always ignored by the Locust (unless you are playing Insane mode I believe).

How many COG's are you playing? If two are bleeding out the Wretches/Drones/Boomers will advance towards/attack the ones that are still standing. If you are only playing two COG's (that are both bleeding out)the game is over.

Point is that both are not actually bleeding out, one is only considered bleeding out. COG A plays Cover Fire, which means for the Locust Activation Step, COG B is considered bleeding out (ignored by Locusts), then COG A gets hit and becomes actually bleeding out. Both COG are now, from the AI perspective bleeding out, but COG B is not bleeding out as far as losing the game is concerned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's right. Two COGs - one is actually bleeding out and the other is covered by Cover Fire card (so ignored as if bleeding out).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Ibbo wrote:
what would the Wretches do? They are supposed to move 2 spaces to the nearest COG but don't they ignore COGs that are bleeding out?

I guess they would just ignore* the 'Restricted Ability' section, but there would still be a good chance of fulfilling the 'Otherwise Ability' section.

*stand there grunting/snarling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.