Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
United States
Triangle Area
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking at getting one of the d&d games. Which is the best? Do the need to be bought in order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Poll
Gun to your head, which is the best game overall?
Castle Ravenloft
Wrath of Ashardalon
Legend of Drizzt
      403 answers
Poll created by ninjadorg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soccer_knight5 wrote:
I am looking at getting one of the d&d games. Which is the best? Do the need to be bought in order?

You can't go wrong - they're all pretty close to each other in fun/theme/playability (as evidenced by the poll results.) I'd give the slightest of edges to LoD due to the more interesting hero powers and the fact that the dungeon tiles are a little more closed off (ie., you tend to get dungeons with more walls and directionality and fewer large open areas.)

But they're all good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The later two, WoA and LoD, are a little more polished, while CR is the more difficult/challenging.

I agree with the previous poster, you should pick the one whose theme interests you the most.

I own all three due to the fact that I could not limit myself to just one after playing them all!

I also have one of each of the Dungeon Command sets and will shortly begin collecting 3 more of each of these for army building.

I hope this was helpful. If you have any further questions, ask away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
all 3!
buy them all and now redo your question: what is better than D&D adventure system?... It's a hard question IMO.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiff Jaffa
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All 3 are good but i prefer the difficulty and setting of Ravenloft. Having all 3 mean you can mix them together and buff the treasure deck of CR which is it's only weak side IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.