Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG rankings are a weird mystery.

But one thing is known - the more people rate a game, the more weight the ratings have, This has to do with all sorts of things like shillbusting algorhythms and the bizarre dummy votes that get put in.

It is clear that the game is rising nicely, but the core problem seems to be not enough people know about it. Or they think the disk concept is just too silly and it isn't actually a tactical wargame.

It's YOUR job to spread the word.

Play it with someone new this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
...the more people rate a game, the more weight the ratings have...

Good luck ! BGG ranking is a complete mystery (and IMHO severely bogus).
Let's compare Netrunner and Through the Ages.
Netrunner has a better average rating (on par with TS) and not so few ratings (only 1400 less). However, the geek rating is way lower, and it is today #4 when it should be #2 (or even #1) for months...

I agree that DW deserves a bigger success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool And Motivated Lord
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder when will Tom Vasel review this game. I'm sure it would build a lot of interest in Diskwars. I think Tom will love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
G-B-C-h wrote:
I wonder when will Tom Vasel review this game. I'm sure it would build a lot of interest in Diskwars. I think Tom will love it.

I agree. Geosphere has a point though, the disks have an esoteric vibe to them that will outright repel some people, and at the same time this is a wargame more-so than it is a board game, so it might go under board game reviewers' radars for a while. It's in a weird middle zone and it almost needs to be forcibly brought to people's attention.

Also, there's my Chippy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Pearson
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterpotamus wrote:
the disks have an esoteric vibe to them that will outright repel some people

That's how it was for me. I remember seeing this when it was first announced and it left so little impression on me I disregarded it every time I saw it. But the warhammer theme is what pulled me in to take a closer look. And upon actually examining what was going on in this game...I decided to pull the trigger and buy. I couldn't be more pleased with it! I'm not even a war-gamer. I love the fast-paced tactical nature of this game.

Before buying I asked the Secret Cabal guys if they had any thoughts on it. The only response I got was from Rodney Smith of Watch it Played. And it sounded like he really enjoyed it.

I agree that Vasel should give this a look. That will certainly help with spreading the word. I would also like to hear what Sam Healy thinks of it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.