Subject: Modified Radion Accelerator Mk 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the Artful Dodger, which has the above drive core. Do I take it from the Osiris deck, depriving my opponents of the chance of getting it, or do I make my own, as one doesn't come with the ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We use the one from the Osiris deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apocalypse Dude wrote:
We use the one from the Osiris deck.

I'm pretty sure this is the official rule. Didn't the rules say to pull it from the supply deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What rules? I ordered from GF9. I am very pleased with the fast service and the quality of the board and spaceship. They even sent me a few little pin badges. But I was wondering, if I got it in the set (the English version, seeing as I bought it from Amazon IN ENGLAND) would they have sent the extra drive core? If anyone has the European version I wonder if they could say - I will photocopy the extra drive core if necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
What rules? I ordered from GF9. I am very pleased with the fast service and the quality of the board and spaceship. They even sent me a few little pin badges. But I was wondering, if I got it in the set (the English version, seeing as I bought it from Amazon IN ENGLAND) would they have sent the extra drive core? If anyone has the European version I wonder if they could say - I will photocopy the extra drive core if necessary.

Rules for Artful Dodger

" During game setup, pull a "Modified Radion Accelerator Mark II" drive core from the Osiris Supply Deck as the Artful Dodger's starting drive core. "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Is that also the rule that comes with the British version of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Further down on that thread I'm sure one poster said that it wasn't mentioned on anything in the UK edition. I assume it is the same rule book as the US edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for everyone's replies. I have removed the Mk2 drive from the Osiris deck and photocopied the back of the starter deck, Then I put the two together in a sleeve so that it looks like a starter deck. We don't visit Osiris quite as much as the other supply planets anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
Many thanks for everyone's replies. I have removed the Mk2 drive from the Osiris deck and photocopied the back of the starter deck, Then I put the two together in a sleeve so that it looks like a starter deck. We don't visit Osiris quite as much as the other supply planets anyway.

You could photocopy the front of the drive and slide it into the sleeve with the copy of the back of the starter deck to use with the Artful Dodger ship, and then leave the original card in the Osiris Deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had thought of that, Jude, but I asked the question here because it seemed to be the intention of the game to deprived other players of the Mk2 drive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The intention was to give a player a 'super' ship as a chase promo.

You can use other options with the Artful Dodger. You can use a normal drive if you wish provided you weren't playing with 5 players. That would lessen the possible advantage the extras may give. It does make for an 'easy level' starter ship that gives a good starting booster when playing solitaire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
I had thought of that, Jude, but I asked the question here because it seemed to be the intention of the game to deprived other players of the Mk2 drive.

+1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bamber Loizou
United Kingdom
Birmingham
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Have just bought game and noticed that it includes Artful Dodger - I also have five ships in the game, so can I play five player? If so why have I only got four drive cards for the other fireflies - assume I use the MK II DRIVE as discussed in this forum is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bamloiz wrote:
Have just bought game and noticed that it includes Artful Dodger - I also have five ships in the game, so can I play five player? If so why have I only got four drive cards for the other fireflies - assume I use the MK II DRIVE as discussed in this forum is that right?

The British version of the game includes the Artful Dodger. I don't see any reason why you can't play a five player game with it. You might want to get the 'Breaking Atmo' expansion for a few more cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a 5 player before I got Breaking Atmo, and didn't have any problems.

Having said that, the expansion is cheap enough, and worth getting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
msg tools
Stephanie Baynes wrote:

Does anyone actually buy the thing? Its pricy for 1 more range that is rarely needed... would take pretty specific circumstances to bother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Xavier

Unspecified
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmb
Bought it one time when I was using Corbin as my Leader. At half the price, it was worth it! Can't say I'd feel the same if I had to pay full retail, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of our players has a strategy of buying it and Wash. And he has successfully overtaken me with his speed (I was ahead because he was busy buying it and Wash).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.