Germany
Mainz
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

I was thinking about playing an Earth Overrun session soon and since I own all of the LNoE-expansions, especially Timber Peak, I thought, I might as well use the upgrade cards, since they add a lot of fun to LNoE. I read somewhere that someone suggested balancing that out by giving the alien player more command tokens (although I can't find that post anymore). Did anyone try something like that? I'm not exactly sure if I would give the alien player additional tokens to begin with, maybe something like offering him the opportunity to buy new tokens for experience points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Heckmann
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried it today while playing the "Earth Overrun"-scenario. It worked out quite nice, we used kind of the same specs as for human players, so to say, the "first" additional command token had a cost of three XP plus one XP for every command token already owned (so five XP), the second one more and so on. The martian player bought two additional command tokens during the course of the game and it didn't seem over- or underpowered, as he was on track to winning but lost to the zombie player in the end. The LNoE-games aren't balanced that well anyway, the "Earth Overrun" scenario in particular when playing with a few LNoE-expansions, so this might work just fine. Oh, we also had unique items, survival tactics and grave weapons in the mix as well, but there was almost no effect. One character got a unique item once and the zombie player used grave weapons three times but the zombies carrying them were raygunned before doing anything with those. Fun scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.