8 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Regenerate action spoiled rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keoki Young
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I couldn't find anything about it in previous posts. A nice, hi-res pic of Bioship Alpha and its components is up here at BGG:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/150502/star-trek...

Most of the info was already released at the WizKids site, but this photo does show the ship's maneuver card, as well as the rules card for the Regenerate Action, which I hadn't seen before. Sounds interesting, especially when used with a Quantum Singularity. Zap to the other side of the play area, then spend a turn or two regenerating before entering the fray again. Nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Gould
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Giving up an attack to heal one point of damage is pretty weak-sauce. Maybe to cure a really nasty crit?

Even the jump away plan is a bit flawed - you'll spend X turns (and forgo X attacks!) to repair X-1 damage. And meanwhile your opponent can clean up the remaining fleet *and* get themselves back in position to deal with you after...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not necessarily. How many turns in a game do you typically take with "meaningless" actions that are never used...i.e., you have a scan/BS/evade action, yet never attack/defend? Regenerate gives you something meaningful to do on those turns when there is no attack/defend option (only flying in circles or the such). I personally really like it for the Species 8472 and Borg ships in lieu of a cloak option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
Anyone who's ever scored a Warp Core Breech and watched Mirok fix it as a matter of course knows that fixing hull crits at will is a Big Deal.

Depending on the ships, scenario and formation, Scott is correct that you might have plenty of otherwise wasted action steps while maneuvering into position after an initial pass. Why not fix your ship?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
On the same note how many times have you had to use an action to clear a crit? Or lost your attack to a crit? This lets you not only clear the crit text but remove the damage too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually when you combine it with the Quantum Singularity card it can be pretty powerful. All you have to do is move to the furthest corner of the board as far away from the enemy as possible. Then keep doing 1 maneuvers until your healed up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bueckert
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya - repairing crits is damn useful.

Will be pretty funny though when you pull the one that negates your ship actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
remingon steel
Afghanistan
Alaska
flag msg tools
think about it though,

any time you couldnt shoot normally (ie out of arc, crit preventing shooting) you can repair a hull..

not always useful. but when it is, its really good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.