Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad A
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Has anyone played Time Travelers and Elder Things?

I don't mean to be hyperbolic here, but the amount of Madness card recursion with these two decks is, excuse the expression, insane.

Once these decks get rolling you can quite actually run out of Madness cards (luckily we own two copies of the Obligatory so we've got quite the pile of Madness.) If you haven't tried it out yet, do yourself a favour and watch the Madness unravel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Spangler
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I'll have to try it. So far, Time Travelers has seemed disappointingly UNDER powered, but I suppose it depends on what you pair them with!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
lasciviouslibra wrote:
Has anyone played Time Travelers and Elder Things?

I don't mean to be hyperbolic here, but the amount of Madness card recursion with these two decks is, excuse the expression, insane.

Once these decks get rolling you can quite actually run out of Madness cards (luckily we own two copies of the Obligatory so we've got quite the pile of Madness.) If you haven't tried it out yet, do yourself a favour and watch the Madness unravel.

Wow yeah I didn't realize the power of that combo. That would be pretty miserable to play against. Constantly replaying Byakhees and the one that forces your opponent to pick up two madness cards would be so frustrating. I just feel that it would take forever for you to win the game since everyone would just waste their turns returning madness cards. Wizards and Miskatonic might stand a chance though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad A
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My thinking was the opposite, you're going to have a very fast game because all your opponents can feasibly do is discard their Madness cards to reduce the number they'll have at the end of the game, leaving them one Minion to play (provided the Minion doesn't let you play more than one per round).

Even if they manage to score first place on some bases by playing higher powered Minions, you're still detracting from their overall score with the Madness cards they have. It muddles their play, and lets you control the majority of the board and everyone else's game.

I think the only way to combat this combo, effectively, is to do like you said: play the Miskatonic deck plus Wizards, or fight Madness with Madness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S
msg tools
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1144113/time-travelers-and-e...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.