United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Just stumbled across this KS and i have admittedly only given it a brief looksee so far, so forgive my newbie question.

Based on my quick viewing, this game strikes me gameplay-wise very much like Claustrophobia, a game that i love.

For anyone who has delved into the rules and has a better grasp on gameplay than i obviously do, how similar are the two?

I need to do some more homework on this game, but so far im liking what im seeing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly don't see any real similarities.

It uses different theme, one is co-op and the other is head-to-head, there is a different command allocation system, different combat, different damage system. Recon doesn't seem to have equipment. Claustrophobia doesn't have "fog of war" tokens to disguise what enemies might be. Claustrophobia has exploration, but Recon has a pre-defined board.

Really, I think once you start looking into it more, you will see they are pretty different.

(By the way - Claustrophobia is a favourite of mine. I just rarely get to play it anymore because it is only for two players.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Likewise, I'll just chime in to say there are no similarities that I see beyond the fact that there are dudes on a board. The gameplay looks very, very different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

It uses different theme, one is co-op and the other is head-to-head, there is a different command allocation system, different combat, different damage system. Recon doesn't seem to have equipment. Claustrophobia doesn't have "fog of war" tokens to disguise what enemies might be. Claustrophobia has exploration, but Recon has a pre-defined board.

Really, I think once you start looking into it more, you will see they are pretty different.

(By the way - Claustrophobia is a favourite of mine. I just rarely get to play it anymore because it is only for two players.)

thanks. I hadnt noticed that this was co-op. Looks very interesting so far.

And i hear you about claustrophobia not hitting the table often enough. I still hold out hope that they will put out a 4 player expansion one day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slyde wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

thanks. I hadnt noticed that this was co-op. Looks very interesting so far.

And i hear you about claustrophobia not hitting the table often enough. I still hold out hope that they will put out a 4 player expansion one day.

There is a new expansion announced for Claustrophobia, but it is not 4 player. And there is 3 player scenarios that use 2 base sets, but I have not tried any of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
a new Claustrophobia expansion? cool, i hadnt heard.. i'll have to check it out.

And yes, i have the 3 player scenario but i have not tried it(i actually have all the online scenarios... tried a bunch of them... some are cool, some are meh).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bestill my fluttering heart!

A Claustrophobia expansion? Surely you jest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
erik, where did you hear about the new expansion? theres no listing for it here that i can see....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
There was an announcement on the game's page, IIRC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
ok cool, i'll have to hunt for it.. thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.