Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Travis (of Indie Boards & Cards) just let the following slip in the comments for the Coup Reformation KS:

Quote:
Those interested in Resistance promo items will have to wait for Resistance expansion project later this year

No word on when exactly this project will go live.

I'm pretty excited about this news. I've played Avalon, and really enjoyed how the role cards changed things up. However, I feel like the dystopian future theme fits the game better. So hopefully this means we'll have the chance to play a full game of The Resistance - with plot cards and roles! I'm also excited to see if this expansion will include anything we haven't seen so far...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
For the last few years, Travis has done all of his KS projects for the year consecutively in the spring. Assuming this year is no different, we'll probably see some more information very soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
LeinadColtrane wrote:
Travis (of Indie Boards & Cards) just let the following slip in the comments for the Coup Reformation KS:

Quote:
Those interested in Resistance promo items will have to wait for Resistance expansion project later this year

I'm pretty excited about this news. I've played Avalon, and really enjoyed how the role cards changed things up. However, I feel like the dystopian future theme fits the game better. So hopefully this means we'll have the chance to play a full game of The Resistance - with plot cards and roles! I'm also excited to see if this expansion will include anything we haven't seen so far...
I don't believe a "Resistance expansion" will include Avalon roles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

Well, obviously I can't confirm anything for certain, but Travis seems to have been responding to the following question:

Quote:
I'm still not clear on one thing - is the version of Coup that comes with the Reformation & Coup bundle going to include the Merlin and Assassin Cards for The Resistance?

That would seem to indicate that at least the Merlin and Assassin roles are included in the expansion. Of course, that might not be the case. I certainly hope it is though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Stewart
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
LeinadColtrane wrote:

Quote:

I'd be hugely surprised if it didn't include the rethemed Avalon roles, at the very least as a stretch goal. Those cards were already created a while back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
lonelyrobot wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
LeinadColtrane wrote:

Quote:

I'd be hugely surprised if it didn't include the rethemed Avalon roles, at the very least as a stretch goal. Those cards were already created a while back
Fair enough, although it might make very little business sense for Travis to do this. Hard to say. He makes more money when people buy both games, you know?

In any case, the "expansion" Travis mentions has nothing to do with any of the Avalon roles, and in fact is mostly incompatible with Avalon roles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Knudsen
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 ESV
badge
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23 ESV
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

In any case, the "expansion" Travis mentions has nothing to do with any of the Avalon roles, and in fact is mostly incompatible with Avalon roles.

It sounds like you have inside knowledge and so I am sure you are right, but I hope you are wrong. It would be really nice to have the Avalon roles in the futuristic Resistance universe.

I guess I would still be somewhat interested in new, different stuff for the game, but I would buy futuristic Avalon roles without a second thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke P.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Playing last night with my game group, we ended up discussing something similar to this - namely, new roles. Here's some ideas we came up with:

Deep Cover Agent - a spy, known to the other spies (but not Merlin) who will appear to be resistance if their alignment is checked (using the Avalon alignment cards)
Traitor - resistance member, checks out as resistance, not allowed to fail missions, but wins if and only if the spies win
Undercover Resistance - opposite to the above: checks out as a spy, but wins if and only if the resistance win
Kamikaze - a spy who MUST fail any mission they are taken on, regardless of how many other spies are on it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Black
United States
Waynesboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I couldn't find your quote in your source... you said it was in the comments for the kickstarter project for reformation, right? Am I just missing it like the dummy I often am? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
Moosacious wrote:
I couldn't find your quote in your source... you said it was in the comments for the kickstarter project for reformation, right? Am I just missing it like the dummy I often am? Thanks!

It's in the comments for Backer Update #2: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2012515236/coup-reforma...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Black
United States
Waynesboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks for the sauce!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
Moosacious wrote:
Awesome! Thanks for the sauce!

You're...welcome?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
epicgamer wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

It sounds like you have inside knowledge and so I am sure you are right, but I hope you are wrong. It would be really nice to have the Avalon roles in the futuristic Resistance universe.

I guess I would still be somewhat interested in new, different stuff for the game, but I would buy futuristic Avalon roles without a second thought.
I don't have any insider knowledge as to Travis's business decisions, no. I was a playtester for the new expansion, which is how I know it's incompatible with Avalon roles.

Having said that, there ARE cards set in Future Resistanceville with the Merlin+Co characters on them that Travis has printed up, so it's very possible he could sell them, but if he does this, then I think Avalon would all but stop selling, you know?

Since you like the future setting more, and theme seems to matter a lot to you, why not just come up with mappings for the Avalon characters to the Resistance Future cards? Make the Vampire be assassin, old dude be Merlin, etc., and just play that way? That's what we all did prior to Avalon coming out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Knudsen
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 ESV
badge
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23 ESV
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Having said that, there ARE cards set in Future Resistanceville with the Merlin+Co characters on them that Travis has printed up, so it's very possible he could sell them, but if he does this, then I think Avalon would all but stop selling, you know?

Avalon might stop selling, but IB&C should make just as much money from selling an expansion for ~$20 as from selling Avalon for ~$20, right?

clydeiii wrote:
Since you like the future setting more, and theme seems to matter a lot to you, why not just come up with mappings for the Avalon characters to the Resistance Future cards? Make the Vampire be assassin, old dude be Merlin, etc., and just play that way? That's what we all did prior to Avalon coming out.

I definitely could do that. However, I would prefer to be lazy and give IB&C money to do that for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

Yeah, I could do that, except I want to be able to introduce it to new players, and having to map Avalon characters to unlabeled Resistance Future cards adds another barrier to entry.

I understand the business decision, but the decision to have two nearly identical games with different themes and a single different mechanism bothers me a lot, and makes me not want to buy either. That may be more a personal problem though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Rasal
Spain
Jaca
Aragon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys! I´ve found this image in internet, is about "The Resistance 2" with characters of Avalon (Percival, Merlin, Mordred, Oberon, Assassin,Morgana) , but there are four characters I don´t know...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan O'D
United States
Delta Junction
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you find this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure where he found that image in particular, but the individual art for all of the cards featured in that image are up on Jordy Knoop's website (http://jordyknoop.com/2d/9-2d/7-the-resistance-v2) along with the following teaser:

Quote:
Due to the immense succes of The Resistance I was commissioned to do another batch of 10 characters. The original game was published in a small format which works will in small shops and cons but the more popular stores demanded a new bigger format. The Resistance V2 will soon launch in a bigger box with enlarged character cards and will hit the shelfs in stores such as Barnes and Nobles and many others.

Soon more information will follow once the game is released!

Though this could just refer to the 2nd Edition of the Resistance (though I don't think that had larger character cards, and it didn't use that art).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi F
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
That exact image seems to have come from Jordy Knoop's blog (http://knoopjordy.blogspot.com.br/2012/07/resistance.html). Some of the new characters appeared on the obscure "After Dark" promo pack:

From Travis's comment, it seems plausible that this pack (or something similar) could be offered as a promo on the Resistance expansion Kickstarter, but not be part of the expansion itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
LeinadColtrane wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

Yeah, I could do that, except I want to be able to introduce it to new players, and having to map Avalon characters to unlabeled Resistance Future cards adds another barrier to entry.
Again, confused. Sleeve the cards then put a little piece of paper in each special role labeling them in whatever way you want?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
LeinadColtrane wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

Again, confused. Sleeve the cards then put a little piece of paper in each special role labeling them in whatever way you want?

A solution, but an unattractive one (visually). If the promos don't come with the expansion project I might consider it. But if I'm going to put the effort into sleeving (not something I usually do) and printing out labels, I might considering putting a little extra effort in, and just track down a rethemed PnP with roles (or make one myself) and print out my own cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Black
United States
Waynesboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was really hoping that this was going to be kickstarted for a GenCon release... but alas it's looking more like a Quarter 4 release at best. (based solely on there not being a Kickstarter for it yet and we're just two months from GenCon). I STILL WANT THIS EXPANSION PROJECT TO HAPPEN!! zombiePLEASE TAKE MY MONEY FOR NEW RESISTANCE GOODNESS!!!!!! zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bohm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Gencon a month away, I figured maybe some news/rumors regarding an expansion might be swirling around. When this thread started, I was quite excited but it seems all expansion talk has died.

Anyone know of anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Black
United States
Waynesboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I sent a message to Travis via Kickstarter in late June, but did not get a response...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kay K.
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm sure this is what we've all been looking for:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294034747/the-resistan...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.