Josh Eisbrenner
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been keeping track of my plays of actual physical board games. My cousin was asking me why I don't count the games I play on iOS and PC.

My question is do you count games on iOS and PC on your games played lists and if so do you count them towards your 10x10 challenge and such?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't count anything played on the computer as being played. I only track the plays done with the actual game.

Basically, I want to see how much use I'm getting out of my games, and whether or not they're getting played. If I'm not playing it physically, I don't really need the board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't count IOS or computer games either but I know some that do. I think it's entirely up to you. People who only get to solo game, well, it's their only choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Eisbrenner
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I was thinking too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't count PC/phone games against AI, because it feels like I'm just playing hearts or solitaire on the computer. But I will count PC/phone games against real people or solo games played with a physical game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Goyes
Colombia
Bogota
Cundinamarca
flag msg tools
badge
It’s true hard work never killed anyone, but I figure, why take the chance? - Ronald Reagan
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I vastly prefer to play Face to Face, I DO count my iOS and online games. For me it still counts as I gain experience (I get better at the game), I spent time learning/playing the game, I enjoy it and there are some games I prefer to play it on the iPad or online (Neuroshima Hex, Agricola even though I also have the boardgame, Through the Ages ).

I play many games Face to Face (Pass and Play) on the iPad with my girlfriend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamjimby wrote:
I don't count PC/phone games against AI, because it feels like I'm just playing hearts or solitaire on the computer. But I will count PC/phone games against real people or solo games played with a physical game.

Same here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Coulombe
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Are you Alive?
mbmbmbmbmb
See this thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1138627/do-you-log-your-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.