David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mb
After creating this module with the help of

♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb

and a long stretch of taking comments and complaints from playtesters (thanks, everyone!) we've now uploaded RC to the VASSAL site for everyone to grab.

You can check out it's page at vassalengine.org here.

Please enjoy and feel free to geekmail me with any questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At last!

This one work with me!

Great!

Thank you very very much for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! Amazing work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't gotten very far yet; I'm amazed at the appearance and how much system automation has been implemented.

Unfortunately, I'm experiencing a problem right off the bat. Random beast cards keep getting added. I'm on the first round, haven't explored, and have had to manually remove three beast cards from the hunting deck (which should be empty). What is going on?

EDIT: Make that 7. And all I did was scroll up and then back down on the map twice. I ended up discarding them and they haven't reappered yet, but I'm concerned that discarding them (not returning them to the deck) will impact the mix of available animals in the game.

2nd EDIT: I don't see either in-game or in the help a method for placing wood cubes on the wood pile in scenario 1? How do I?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mb
xen911 wrote:
Haven't gotten very far yet; I'm amazed at the appearance and how much system automation has been implemented.

Unfortunately, I'm experiencing a problem right off the bat. Random beast cards keep getting added. I'm on the first round, haven't explored, and have had to manually remove three beast cards from the hunting deck (which should be empty). What is going on?

EDIT: Make that 7. And all I did was scroll up and then back down on the map twice. I ended up discarding them and they haven't reappered yet, but I'm concerned that discarding them (not returning them to the deck) will impact the mix of available animals in the game.

That's really weird. I don't know if anyone else is having this issue (I haven't heard it from anyone), and I haven't seen it either.

So, all you're doing is scrolling the island map and cards are transferring from the beast deck to the hunting deck? Weird. I'll look into it and see if I can figure anything out.

xen911 wrote:

2nd EDIT: I don't see either in-game or in the help a method for placing wood cubes on the wood pile in scenario 1? How do I?

Well, in theory you're supposed to be able to drag cubes from the "Bits" window and move them over to the Scenario board to mark wood. I just checked and it's not working, though. Not sure how this one made it through testing without someone finding a problem with it.

Definitely looking into fixing it right now.

Thanks!

EDIT: Figured out why the cubes weren't working on the scenario board. They were set to a lower layer than the actual scenario sheets themselves, so they were underneath the scenario, and you couldn't see them. I just fixed it and it works fine now. So, to cover up the wood pile, you would just drag cubes from the 'bits' window to the scenario window.

As for the beast deck issue....cannot get it to happen. Really need some more info to figure this one out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, very good. Will try again from scratch soon and see what I can tell you about the beast/hunting issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, so far I can't get it to do the beast deck thing, so that's good. And wood cubes are showing up now when dragged from bits, also good. This is all in .18 version, by the way; my previous attempts were with .17.

I noticed something else, though. I made a mistake and had to "rewind" the phases. It allows the player to do this, but any move backward is actually perceived as an advance FORWARD. So, suddenly instead of moving back from the event phase of day two to the night phase of day 1, I find myself advancing to day 3, then 4 as I try to discern what's going on. I was unable to find a way to move back, though I suspect it may loop back to day 1 if I were to advance past 12; I don't know if you have a fail state built in there for each scenario's time out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Verified the undo WILL move the game phase back correctly. May just remove "-" if that can be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
xen911 wrote:
Verified the undo WILL move the game phase back correctly. May just remove "-" if that can be done.

It can't be removed.

This is a known issue that's been around through playtesting. I'm claiming it's an issue with VASSAL, but I'm sure it's probably something I could fix...I just can't figure out how.

For now, if you HAVE to go back, the best way is to undo, or just redo the turn without moving the action marker back.

Sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a problem at all, really! I'm slowly moving through a game between a lot of other stuff going on. At start of day 3 and so far, so good! I'm so impressed with everything you were able to automate; it's leaps and bounds ahead of most Vassal modules I've used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noticed another thing. Not a big issue, of course. In the Help it mentions that the food crates card will be automatically placed during setup. That has not been my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
xen911 wrote:
Noticed another thing. Not a big issue, of course. In the Help it mentions that the food crates card will be automatically placed during setup. That has not been my experience.

That's true...I switched it so that you could pick between the starting wreckage card and forgot to update the readme file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just started day 8; working like a charm. I actually have had more than 1 event card I'd not yet encountered which was pretty cool since I've played through so many times IRL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddie Christian
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
When I first downloaded game I could read the readme. Now I can't find it can you post the readme on here please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.