Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Le Havre» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discrepancy between board and rule book for 2-player shortened game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Stanley
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a minor discrepancy between my rule book and the game board when alloting resources at the beginning of a 2-player or solo shortened game. The board setup instructions say 1 hide and the rule book says 2 hide. I would tend to believe that the rule book is correct, because the board says 1 hides (note the plural). As mentioned, this is minor, but can anyone (maybe the designer) verify which is correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My game board shows no setup details for the shortened game. The illustration of the board in the rule book does not show it either. Maybe it's an old print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if it has changed? This board (probably 1st edition based on the date of the image) has 2 hides. (click to enlarge, the full size is too large to dump on unsuspecting visitors to this thread)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Where do you get the 'two hides' from on the board?

EDIT: Oh, in the special buildings section. Mine says '1 hides' as well. This seems to be an error and I think I have the latest print. Well spotted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
2 hides are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Does the newest Z-Man print have this error?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
stlm wrote:
Does the newest Z-Man print have this error?

I suspect it does. My copy says copyright 2013 Z Man Games and has the expansion which I bought in the UK a few months ago. Having said that it is a tiny error and easily corrected on the board. I won't even bother, as the Op says the plural of 'Hides' gives it away. In fact I did not even notice the set up for the short game was listed there in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Well that makes me curious if it's there on all past printings, or if it was somehow recently introduced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Stanley
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the replies. It appears to be a misprint between the two; I believe that my copy is very recent, since it included the mini-expansion for Le Grand Hameau. My wife and I only played one shortened two-player game, and then ventured into the regular game. Probably won't be using the shortened game rules unless I need to teach someone the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.