Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

The Card Game of Oz» Forums » General

Subject: Game received! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete M

Blacksburg
Virginia
msg tools
mb
I got my copy today. Liza (from the Dr Liza card) has approved of her portrayal.
Been flipping through the cards and everything in the box looks great including the small boxes for each of the decks.
I'm not quite sure why the boxes are so large, perhaps to accomodate sleeves. Or perhaps I didn't get all the cards. If someone could confirm that it'd be great!

The decks didn't seem to be separated exactly into each set though. I am not clear what is supposed to go where for the moment. Oh wait... I just looked at the rule book. All the lists of cards are in there for each pack. If I had bothered to pay attention to the rules instead of the great artwork I'd have known that :-p

A little odd that there's duplicates of the locations, but only one location box so you can't really separate things. Oh well. It's still pretty awesome.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Connor
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pmacedo wrote:
I got my copy today. Liza (from the Dr Liza card) has approved of her portrayal.
Been flipping through the cards and everything in the box looks great including the small boxes for each of the decks.
I'm not quite sure why the boxes are so large, perhaps to accomodate sleeves. Or perhaps I didn't get all the cards. If someone could confirm that it'd be great!

The decks didn't seem to be separated exactly into each set though. I am not clear what is supposed to go where for the moment. Oh wait... I just looked at the rule book. All the lists of cards are in there for each pack. If I had bothered to pay attention to the rules instead of the great artwork I'd have known that :-p

A little odd that there's duplicates of the locations, but only one location box so you can't really separate things. Oh well. It's still pretty awesome.



*Whew*

Thanks for the picture Pete, I thought GS had decidede to axe the deck boxes. Did the cards come in the deck boxes, but not ordered into their correct story packs?

I designed the bloody game, and I'm not going to get any copies until about Wednesday next week!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OrionsBell wrote:
... Thanks for the picture Pete, I thought GS had decidede to axe the deck boxes. Did the cards come in the deck boxes, but not ordered into their correct story packs?


The cards came shrink wrapped in three individual stacks. The deck boxes came unfolded and thrown on top.

While it wasn't too much a hassle, the cards were not necessarily printed by Story Packs; there was a bit of jumping around to get them properly sorted.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Connor
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mont Van wrote:
OrionsBell wrote:
... Thanks for the picture Pete, I thought GS had decidede to axe the deck boxes. Did the cards come in the deck boxes, but not ordered into their correct story packs?


The cards came shrink wrapped in three individual stacks. The deck boxes came unfolded and thrown on top.

While it wasn't too much a hassle, the cards were not necessarily printed by Story Packs; there was a bit of jumping around to get them properly sorted.


Irritating. This is one of the reasons I wanted to see the press proofs myself. I also would have been able to catch the three card errors!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too!! Finally!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete M

Blacksburg
Virginia
msg tools
mb
OrionsBell wrote:

*Whew*

Thanks for the picture Pete, I thought GS had decidede to axe the deck boxes. Did the cards come in the deck boxes, but not ordered into their correct story packs?

I designed the bloody game, and I'm not going to get any copies until about Wednesday next week!


Just a bit more detail for you Jim, the boxes are about 2x as thick as needed. A little odd I guess, but will come in handy when I sleeve the cards!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really pleased with the size of the deck boxes. They hold sleeved cards perfectly. Usually, the decision to sleeve cards means giving up on the game's inherent storage solutions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete M

Blacksburg
Virginia
msg tools
mb
saccenti wrote:
I was really pleased with the size of the deck boxes. They hold sleeved cards perfectly. Usually, the decision to sleeve cards means giving up on the game's inherent storage solutions.


What sized sleeves did you use?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Connor
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pmacedo wrote:
OrionsBell wrote:

*Whew*

Thanks for the picture Pete, I thought GS had decidede to axe the deck boxes. Did the cards come in the deck boxes, but not ordered into their correct story packs?

I designed the bloody game, and I'm not going to get any copies until about Wednesday next week!


Just a bit more detail for you Jim, the boxes are about 2x as thick as needed. A little odd I guess, but will come in handy when I sleeve the cards!


That's the idea of the bigger boxes, for the sleeves.

BTW - I'm told there are sleeves available for the 3.5 x 5" locations.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete M

Blacksburg
Virginia
msg tools
mb
OrionsBell wrote:


BTW - I'm told there are sleeves available for the 3.5 x 5" locations.


if anyone knows where to get the sleeves let me know!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pmacedo wrote:
saccenti wrote:
I was really pleased with the size of the deck boxes. They hold sleeved cards perfectly. Usually, the decision to sleeve cards means giving up on the game's inherent storage solutions.


What sized sleeves did you use?


I don't have sleeves for the location cards.

For the regular cards, I used Mayday premium "Card Game" Sleeves (63.5mm x 88mm).

One note, since this is unusual: I initially tried to use Swan Panasia sleeves (which list at 64mm x 89mm). Despite the larger listed dimensions, these did NOT fit. And I normally use these Swan and the Maydays interchangeably (for my Android: Netrunner decks).

Either I got a bad lot of Swans (possible) or the margin of error was thin on the Oz cards and they are a hair too big for the Swans. It was close.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OrionsBell wrote:
BTW - I'm told there are sleeves available for the 3.5 x 5" locations.


Didn't know there were sleeves that big...so I laminated the location cards while sleeving the story cards with Mayday Premiums (63.5mm X 88mm)...

OrionsBell wrote:
That's the idea of the bigger boxes, for the sleeves.


And that turned out very well...each of the story pack boxes handled the sleeved cards very well...and the location box comfortably held all the laminated location cards...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete M

Blacksburg
Virginia
msg tools
mb
otha62 wrote:
OrionsBell wrote:
BTW - I'm told there are sleeves available for the 3.5 x 5" locations.


Didn't know there were sleeves that big...so I laminated the location cards while sleeving the story cards with Mayday Premiums (63.5mm X 88mm)...

OrionsBell wrote:
That's the idea of the bigger boxes, for the sleeves.


And that turned out very well...each of the story pack boxes handled the sleeved cards very well...and the location box comfortably held all the laminated location cards...


Where did you get the cards laminated? I know I've looked into that in the past and it gets pricey.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.