Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Susan Murphy
United States
Manassas
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know where I can buy the clear vinyl strips that adhere to themselves that you can wrap around a deck of cards? I am going to have a game of 7 Wonders and I've seen someone use these vinyl strips on their decks and would like to purchase some. I hope I've described the strips well enough for someone to understand what I'm talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
river tam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hugo's amazing tape is the name of the product. OLGS have it and I believe there's a website for it as well.

It comes in a roll and you can cut it to whatever size you need
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Murphy
United States
Manassas
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, River Tam!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've been using Hugo's to keep game boxes closed when traveling for about a year now with no problems whatsoever... the stuff is great. But you might want to check out these lists:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/72871/the-comprehensive-li...

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/71275/hugos-amazing-tape-p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
Not everyone is happy to visit the stores that sell the stuff, and explaining the origin might be embarrassing... but bondage tape (sold online and in "adult" shops) is typically half the price of Hugo's. There are a couple of caveats: it is usually only available in 50mm (2") widths, and it is almost always coloured rather than transparent. But it works beautifully to wrap cards, to hold boxes closed etc.

If you want a heavy-duty alternative, PVC tablecloth protectors can be cut into strips. Too heavy for cards, these are great for securing box-lids. Once again - incredibly cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Sanchez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have heard some folks at my gaming group complain of yellowing under that kind of tape when stored long term. Can anyone else confirm or deny that? I myself have no hard evidence, but hearing such claims kept me from ever considering using it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternatively you can use some classy printed cardstock and repositional glue to achieve a similar effect. Glue dots work as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
ath3ist wrote:
I have heard some folks at my gaming group complain of yellowing under that kind of tape when stored long term. Can anyone else confirm or deny that? I myself have no hard evidence, but hearing such claims kept me from ever considering using it.

I've been using the "alternative" suggested above for over five years and have not seen discolouration. The super-cheap Mayday sleeves seem to wrinkle after ~2 years, but they are junk anyway. I use tape on a lot of different components and have never had a problem.

An interesting alternative might be vet-wrap (self-adhering elastic). It contains latex and is usually in bright colours, so be careful, but it might work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.