Subject: Story Pack Rule Book Listing Errors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to help out, here are the four cards that are mislabeled in the rulebook's Pre-Constructed Story Pack listings:

Story Pack #1 (Strange New World):

The rulebook lists 'Flock of Crows' - the card is 'Murder of Crows'.

Story Pack #2 (Witches & Women):

The rulebook lists 'Destruction of the Wicked Witch of the East' - the card is 'Destruction of the Wicked Witch of the West'. The card is in obvious error, as the picture is of the Witch of the East squashed by Dorothy's house.

Story Pack #4 (The Wizard):

The rulebook lists 'Oz * Faerie Queen' - the card is 'Oz * Angelic Lady'.

Finally, the card 'Back Home in Kansas' is not listed in any of the story packs. I threw it in Story Pack #4, but am not too sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete M

Blacksburg
Virginia
msg tools
mb
Rulebook typo 'Doroth - Kansas Farm Girl' - the card is correct.
Good Witch of the North not listed as historic, minor, or major

'Scarecrow - Petitioner' not listed as Major
2 copies of Cowardly Lion - Petitioner
2 copies of Dorothy - Petitioner

Honored Citizens: 3 of the 4 are not listed as minor or major. I am guessing that any historic character is neither minor or major

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete M

Blacksburg
Virginia
msg tools
mb
Mont Van wrote:

Finally, the card 'Back Home in Kansas' is not listed in any of the story packs. I threw it in Story Pack #4, but am not too sure.

I think this is either the last card in #1 or the first in #2. When I opened the cards, it was placed at the front of #2

Thematically it would make sense for it to be the last card of a set and based on the other cards included, #4 would be a good choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, Pete - my Wife went through the packs and pack listings to separate them into their respective containers. After I posted this she mentioned that the Back Home in Kansas card was lumped with the first pack cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Connor
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mont Van wrote:
In order to help out, here are the four cards that are mislabeled in the rulebook's Pre-Constructed Story Pack listings:

Story Pack #1 (Strange New World):

The rulebook lists 'Flock of Crows' - the card is 'Murder of Crows'.

The rulebook lists 'Destruction of the Wicked Witch of the East' - the card is 'Destruction of the Wicked Witch of the West'. The card is in obvious error, as the picture is of the Witch of the East squashed by Dorothy's house.

The rulebook lists 'Oz * Faerie Queen' - the card is 'Oz * Angelic Lady'.

D'oh!!! Shazbot! Frak!! Frell!!!! (If you know all these references, you are an old geek like me. )

Issue #1: The rules were layed out far in advance of the finalization of the cards. It was pointed out to be that "Murder" was the correct term. I changed the card, but forgot the list in the rules.

Issue #2: My screw-up for not catching that. I'm going to have a bunch of corrected cards done up by Superior POD. People can contact me through here, or www. orionsbell.com, and I'll send out a free replacement of the card. The SPOD cards are near press quality.

Issue #3: A very old mistake I made back in 2008 when the card was created. The list is an out-put from my database. I long ago made the correction to the card, but not in the database. Sorry.

Issue #4: "Back Home in Kansas" was made for Series one originally, but I moved it to Series two, which was a better fit with the second book. I gave them a proper story pack breakdown, so I haven't any idea why it came in box 1 when it should be in box 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Connor
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pmacedo wrote:
Rulebook typo 'Doroth - Kansas Farm Girl' - the card is correct.
Good Witch of the North not listed as historic, minor, or major

'Scarecrow - Petitioner' not listed as Major
2 copies of Cowardly Lion - Petitioner
2 copies of Dorothy - Petitioner

Honored Citizens: 3 of the 4 are not listed as minor or major. I am guessing that any historic character is neither minor or major

Again, damn, sh*t, f*ck!

Issue #1: My major mistake. As I stated for "Destruction of the Wicked Witch of the East" I will get replacements made from Superior POD and offer them here and on my web site - www.orionsbell.com

Issue #2: Again with the mis labeling? SPOD card will be avaiable for free, in about a month.

Issue #3: Yes, these cards appear in two different story packs. But the story packs are supposed to come in deck boxes. Are those not in the box game? If they are, why weren't they put into the deck boxes?

Issue #4: Read the rules. Historic is a different type (used mainly in series 2). Like Minor Characters, Historic can't be used to end the game.

BTW - The proper term is "Prime", not "Major".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lombard
United States
New Carlisle
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. thanks for the corrections. I look forward to getting the corrected cards. also, the card boxes did come in the game boxes, but they were not assembled and the cards came in 2 or 3 plastic wrappings. I constructed the card boxes myself and sorted the cards from the first set into their correct boxes. series two came the same way so we will have to wait till you get the story pack lists up for that one so we can organize them ourselves (which really isn't a big deal to me.) I thought the card boxes were a nice surprise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
OrionsBell wrote:
\Issue #2: Again with the mis labeling? SPOD card will be avaiable for free, in about a month.

How do you want us to contact you? Wait until you have them or send the info now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Connor
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
OrionsBell wrote:
\Issue #2: Again with the mis labeling? SPOD card will be avaiable for free, in about a month.

How do you want us to contact you? Wait until you have them or send the info now?

I'm just waking up. (Nevada and I work from home so I stay up until ~2 AM, usually)

I'm going to set up something on my web site.

You can also email me your name and address through BGG private message.

It will take about 4-6 weeks for me to get the replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate your willingness to help us out with stuff like this, Jim. Way above what you're responsible to do. I'll likely hit your website later and contact you that way once I'm in a better position to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Connor
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mont Van wrote:

(Typed without my glassesO)

Sorry. My mistake. "Back Hom in Kansas" belongs in Story Pack 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Connor
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(With glasses and awake)

Back Home should be in Series #1 StoryPack #1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.