Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: need help customizing my boardgame rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kaitlin kaschak
msg tools
hello im in need of a little help basically what i want to do is take my hero quest boardgame and make it 3d. heres a link to the game im talking about http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/22192/heroquest-advanced-...

so basically what i need to know is what type of glue do i use to secure the foam walls to the hero quest game board. ill likely be using either elmers foam board from michaels or redi-board depending on which board fits the game bord the best. heres a link to a site whith pictures of what i want to do to my game http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/05/giving-a-classic-board-game...

i basically want to glue foam board ontro the games board how do i do this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would use hot glue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Sticky Tack? That way you won't ruin the board, at least not right away (Sticky Tack tends to discolor stuff over time), and you can disassemble everything for storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haakon Gaarder
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree use Sticky tack, blue tack, tackit whatever it is called in your country. OR what I would do is not glue them to the board at all. Just glue or pin the walls together, and make the outer walls so that it makes a frame around the board, so that the walls stay in place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Were it me, I'd just remake the board entirely; you're going to nearly that much effort anyway, you might as well go the whole hog and not have to worry about damaging the out-of-print board!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kaitlin kaschak
msg tools
what about super glueing the foam to the board im not to worried about the board as i can get a spare off ebay if needed also if i go the route of hot glue what type of hot glue gun should i use also i want a permanent solution i dont plan on any assembly then dissasembly so permanent is best thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.