Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Rogers
Mexico
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have noticed that the box pictured here (and with online retailers) looks different from the box my cards are in. Mine looks like a tiny book, but the box for PT 1 and 2 look like a retro console cartridge. Has there been a change since I got my copy? Are the boxes any larger than the one I have, so that I could perhaps put all of them in one box? If there was a reprint, had the card stock/quality changed?

Thanks in advance for any information. I like the original game, and have been thinking about picking up the second set, but I had some confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Karnuth
United States
Fleming Island
Fl
flag msg tools
badge
It was a heck of a run.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you get yours with the Minigame Library? If so, that one is the size of a regular deck of cards box, like the others in the package. The standalone version is in the Nintendo-ish box, as is PT2, and looks like PT3. I think a couple cards were changed, and they added counter sheets with wounds. Definitely pick up the second set, if you can find it. Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card stock has changed. They've switched from the linen cardstock used in the Minigame Library to flat cardstock.
Also there have been some text changes (some of which are pretty significant, such as the Knight's rear ability, which is now an attack action and not a passive ability).
Unfortunately, the new boxes don't provide much of a storage solution. They are fairly flimsy large tuckboxes. However, if you sleeve your cards (using Ultra-Pro penny sleeves), all the cards for PT1 and PT2 fit snugly in one of the boxes, and you could use the other box to hold the damage counters and playmats/rules. Brad Talton has mentioned that a Pixel Tactics big box game is in the works (which would contain all new material), that would provide a better storage solution for the small box PT games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.