Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so I have figured out how to search for people who have the game I want and want I game I have in my For Trade list. However, I'm new to the trade thing, and only have a couple of games to trade, and would rather know who wants my game who has something on my wish list. Right now, I am going through the list of people who have it listed as a want, and then going through their For Trade lists, to see if they have anything that could work for a trade, but I was wondering if there's a more efficient way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to your wishlist and indicate which of those games you want in trade.

Go to to Bazaar>Trade>Direct Matches and voila you have all the people that are looking for the game you are trading away for the games on your wishlist.

Pretty simple ...

The hard part is getting them to actually respond to your offer ...

Good Luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Otto von Whackjob
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is actually just a standard for trade search. What the op wants is a function to search for games from people that are only on his wish list (as opposed to his trade list).

I myself am curious if there is a way to find everyone who has my game as "want in trade" whether or not they have a game I want.

jasss333 wrote:

Go to to Bazaar>Trade>Direct Matches and voila you have all the people that are looking for the game you are trading away for the games on your wishlist.

Pretty simple ...

Good Luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm understanding correctly, I've wished for this occasionally too. The need to separately mark things on my wishlist as "Want In Trade" feels superfluous. While there are a few exceptions, I've just gotten in the habit of always marking things "Want In Trade" when I add them to my wishlist, and unchecking that box later if it turns out not to be true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Otto von Whackjob wrote:

I myself am curious if there is a way to find everyone who has my game as "want in trade" whether or not they have a game I want.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32038188/BGG-Trade.zip

Import the results in Excel as UTF-8 text files

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also just go to the game page for the game in question and scroll down to the info at the bottom. There is a number of users wanting the game in trade and a number for users who are trading the game. Click on either to see all users wanting / wanting to get rid of the game in question.

Simples
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasss333 wrote:

Good Luck.

Ah, so that isn't just me? After like an hour of pouring over people's For Trade lists, I found a guy who had my game in his Want in Trade list, who actually had something of comparable value that I wanted. I checked to see that he's an active user, and sure enough, he had logged in that very day. So I made the offer. He never answered. He logged in every one of those three days, and never answered. I was horribly offended. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
asmyr42 wrote:
jasss333 wrote:

Good Luck.

Ah, so that isn't just me? After like an hour of pouring over people's For Trade lists, I found a guy who had my game in his Want in Trade list, who actually had something of comparable value that I wanted. I checked to see that he's an active user, and sure enough, he had logged in that very day. So I made the offer. He never answered. He logged in every one of those three days, and never answered. I was horribly offended. cry

Try a math trade. I've had better success with those than one-on-one trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Otto von Whackjob
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does one go about creating, joining, or finding a math trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the official Math Trade announcement list. (You can subscribe to it, but most of the math trades there are physical trades at conventions, not shipping trades.)

There is one going on now (for US users): http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/171927/april-showers-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found these work better -- if you want to trade in a circle rather than pairs, it works better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I have never tried one. I will check this out and see if I can figure out how it works. Thanks for the idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.