Germany
Koeln
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

I will publish a new game series and I am yet unsure which of the following four logos to use.

The game is about FINDing something, like "FIND the treasure" or "FIND the bug", etc.

What would you recommend to use: A, B, C or D?

Poll
Which logo to use for game series "FIND..."?
A ...the magnifier
B ...the eye
C ...the think bubble
D ...the dot
      62 answers
Poll created by nosferrari
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for "eye", but mainly because the magnifier (loupe) is not clearly discernable in the picture. I like the idea to use the I as a handle for it, but the graphic examples are too "simple". Maybe a magnifier combined with an eye would be even better (someone looking through the glass).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Haag
Germany
Muenchen
Deutschland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My 2 cents: I voted C.

It's a bit difficult to answer the question without knowing what the game series is actually about. In particular, do the games of the series require more of a deductive or more of a creative think process?

The magnifying glass and the eye seem to me better suited for games with a deductive focus. However, the word "Find" covers that already quite nicely. Therefore these two are a bit of a tautology to me.

C hints towards some kind of creativity process involved and the think bubble used is not too close in meaning to the word "Find" but rather provides additional information about the type of game. Hence I find this to be the best combination (provided there is some creativity process required in the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst Knauth
Germany
Erdmannhausen
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for B.

I think there should be more space between the white square and the text / logo inside - it would look much better then ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
Text coming soon... probably...
badge
Get tipsy and fight a farmer with Strength 3
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd use magnifier, but get away from incorporating it into the letter I.

It's a nice idea, but doesn't quite work here. I thought it could even be the lens of a telescope.

It you have a magnifying glass at an angle or even across the top, it would look better imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In words, the Magnifier certainly sounds good.

In the pictures, it took a full minute or more before I recognized the "I" was the handle. All the pictures have a little blob above the text. For the first blob I only saw a lens or light of some kind, which was not sufficient to mean magnifying lens...

which might then have guided me to picking the eye, but only as the best of a series of weak choices.

Fix the lens handle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A, magnifying glass. I thought using it as the I was quite clever, though others are right that it doesn't stick out too much (maybe people will be happy when they 'find' that?)

For me, the symbols represent this:
magnifying glass = searching
eye = looking
think bubble = thinking
dot = ... (nothing)

C and D don't seem related.

Another option could be binoculars (or telescope/microscope depending on what sort of scale people will be finding things).

If you put 'find' into google image search, a vast majority of images are (or use) magnifying glasses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.