Subject: Unexpected victory rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice session report!

One thing though: I'm pretty sure there is a VP change with fewer than 3 troops lost if a general is eliminated...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roman I wrote:
Prussian managed to encircle my general and started already to celebrate their victory, but this General had only 2 armies and it didn't count as a major battle lost, so I was able to keep my VP in battles box and placed last 3 VP in Bavaria in Autumn 1743!

Actually that's not true. If you lose the general, even if it has less than 3 armies, it still counts as a battle victory.

Quote:
If less than 3 troops were eliminated, but at least 1 general was removed from the board, the combat is worth exactly 1 victory point.

I think these rules could be written a little better. It is hard to understand on first reading.

If 6 or more troops are eliminated = 2 victory points.
If 3 to 5 troops are eliminated = 1 victory point.
If 1 or 2 troops are eliminated and a general is removed from the board = 1 victory point.

Hope that helps,
Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Tha can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha canna tell him much
mbmbmbmbmb
Chee wrote:
Roman I wrote:
Prussian managed to encircle my general and started already to celebrate their victory, but this General had only 2 armies and it didn't count as a major battle lost, so I was able to keep my VP in battles box and placed last 3 VP in Bavaria in Autumn 1743!

Actually that's not true. If you lose the general, even if it has less than 3 armies, it still counts as a battle victory.

Quote:
If less than 3 troops were eliminated, but at least 1 general was removed from the board, the combat is worth exactly 1 victory point.

I think these rules could be written a little better. It is hard to understand on first reading.

If 6 or more troops are eliminated = 2 victory points.
If 3 to 5 troops are eliminated = 1 victory point.
If 1 or 2 troops are eliminated and a general is removed from the board = 1 victory point.

Hope that helps,
Dan

For me this always a "what do the rules say again?" rule. Your summary is much clearer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.