George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 12 in the rule book under Before heading it says:

"When quests are drawn........if it's a chapter quest the tile should be setup.........Act quests and story quests are set up when heroes reach the end of the act or story."

So, my question is, should act and story quest be shuffled into the quest deck along with chapter quests?

My quest deck has just had chapter quests in it, but the quote above seems to indicate that act and story quests can also be in the deck, and when encountered on a tile they are set up after the completion of the current mission.

This seems like they are integrated more into a story rather then players having a choice when to select a story quest. I suppose with the way the game is structured players can choose how they want to approach this.

So, is anyone including story and acts in their quest deck? Or am i reading this wrong, and the quest deck should only contain chapter quest?

Edit: one more question.

After completing a chapter quest with no chain. Do you remove it from the quest deck, or shuffle it back in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Seale
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Your group decides before play what type of game you want to play. If you want to play a Story, either choose one or randomly draw one of the story quest cards. If you want to just play an Act of your own length and makeup, shuffle only the Act quests and draw one or pick the one that you want.

Then within either of those game choices (or if you just want to play a few tiles with no over arching theme), whenever a tile you set up dictates you draw a quest, you draw from the 10 quest cards with the single C or C with the open chain.

After you have completed a quest it is up to you whether you put it back in or not. I have been playing that I take out the chain quests as I put the next branch in, put returning the single quests back. It has made me laugh several times when incompetent merchant Talek Three Dunes continues to be robbed by those Grubbers.

Tracker1 wrote:
On page 12 in the rule book under Before heading it says:

"When quests are drawn........if it's a chapter quest the tile should be setup.........Act quests and story quests are set up when heroes reach the end of the act or story."

So, my question is, should act and story quest be shuffled into the quest deck along with chapter quests?

My quest deck has just had chapter quests in it, but the quote above seems to indicate that act and story quests can also be in the deck, and when encountered on a tile they are set up after the completion of the current mission.

This seems like they are integrated more into a story rather then players having a choice when to select a story quest. I suppose with the way the game is structured players can choose how they want to approach this.

So, is anyone including story and acts in their quest deck? Or am i reading this wrong, and the quest deck should only contain chapter quest?

Edit: one more question.

After completing a chapter quest with no chain. Do you remove it from the quest deck, or shuffle it back in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
what and excellent idea to return the base non chain quests...

I was just thinking I will run out of one off chapter quests in a hurry... I guess that will force me to actually figure out the traps...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The traps are so much fun! You'll enjoy them when you get to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.