Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Just wondering if there will be a video or two that covers the IGOO and Dreamland monsters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, there haven't been any. And I'm not sure there will be since Link/ Sandy haven't mentioned doing them.

There are a couple of topics in the forums that talk about abilities though, might be worthwhile to check out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
we may well do an IGOO video, but for the near future we are handicapped because we are shipping our only copies of the figures to the factory for tooling. We will be getting new sets (we hope) in a month or less. So here is some info to whet appetites

ATLACH NACHA - deposits webs. When 6 webs are on-map, you win, regardless of doom points or spellbooks.

ABHOTH - spawns Filth tokens - 0 Combat monsters that cannot take any action. When enough are in play, they trigger an additional effect.

BOKRUG - give to another player as a curse

CHAUGNAR FAUGN - gives you power over the Elder Sign tokens.

CTHUGHA - battle gives you strength

FATHER DAGON - dissolve your own cultists for power

GHATANOTHOA - mummifies cultists

GOBOGEG - GOOs now are super-cheap to summon

MOTHER HYDRA - spawn all your cultists at once

YIG - your cultists are poisonous (not venomous). Plus give other players a Hobson's choice each Gather Power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Cool, thanks for the update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
ATLACH NACHA - deposits webs. When 6 webs are on-map, you win, regardless of doom points or spellbooks.

Ooh, cool. I'm a sucker for alternate victory conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Ooh, cool. I'm a sucker for alternate victory conditions

Then you will like the Dreamlands map too.

then, try Dreamland WITH Atlach-Nacha available!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So many alternate winconditions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William M. Buff
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This makes want the game now! I so excited
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander McKinney
Bahamas
Nassau
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran a search and haven't found a post that goes over the details of Dreamlands. If there is such a post and I've missed it, please point me towards it.

Can anyone tell me what the final rules and monsters are like for those maps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
lexifer wrote:
I ran a search and haven't found a post that goes over the details of Dreamlands. If there is such a post and I've missed it, please point me towards it.

We haven't heard anything about the dramlands in months, so I suppose all the rules stayed the same:

-Control all the citadels on one of the two maps to win the game.
-Bhole preys on the underground map.
-Zoogs harass players on the surface.
-Tunnels connect the two maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nunez
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools

ABHOTH - spawns Filth tokens - 0 Combat monsters that cannot take any action. When enough are in play, they trigger an additional effect.

BOKRUG - give to another player as a curse

CHAUGNAR FAUGN - gives you power over the Elder Sign tokens.

CTHUGHA - battle gives you strength

FATHER DAGON - dissolve your own cultists for power

GHATANOTHOA - mummifies cultists

GOBOGEG - GOOs now are super-cheap to summon

MOTHER HYDRA - spawn all your cultists at once

YIG - your cultists are poisonous (not venomous). Plus give other players a Hobson's choice each Gather Power

How does GHATANOTHOA help? Did you mean enemy cultists- if this is the case then cool point to GEG for evoking theme action! Mother Hydra's ability sounds very fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikenunez wrote:

How does GHATANOTHOA help? Did you mean enemy cultists- if this is the case then cool point to GEG for evoking theme action! Mother Hydra's ability sounds very fun!

I will answer in reverse order!

Mother Hydra allows you to spend 1 (or was it 2?) power and then pop, ALL your acolyte cultists can go on the map! It can be REALLY great.

Ghatanothoa only targets enemy cultists, who fall over and cannot move or take part in combat (they can still control gates and be captured - I think the idea is that other cultists can just hoist them, mummified, onto the gate to control it(!) )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFarlin
United States
Hainesville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm thinking Mother Hydra plus Mao Ceremony sounds like an excellent idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How exactly does Father Dagon's power work? Is it pop 1 cultist as an action to gain 1 power, or something else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:
How exactly does Father Dagon's power work? Is it pop 1 cultist as an action to gain 1 power, or something else?

Father Dagon's spellbook is one of my favorite "abilities" -

during the doom phase(?) you MUST remove one cultist FROM THE GAME! It goes back in the box and you may never resummon him. You do gain 6 power though.

It's totally worth it late game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remove one of your cultists off the map from the game (forever) and gain 6 power. This is used during gather power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Link - so it gives an advantage during gather power?

Also...who's the slow brainer now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You cheated though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
sax11 wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Greyjoy
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sax11 wrote:

What is Mao Ceremony?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Robertson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Libero03 wrote:
sax11 wrote:

What is Mao Ceremony?

The Mao Ceremony (Ongoing):
At the end of Gather Power, after all Power has been added up, you may then choose to sacrifice 1 or more of your own Cultists, adding 1 extra Power apiece to your total.

I hope this helps.

Are other Great Old Ones giving you a hard time? Then summon Hastur of the Yellow Sign!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander McKinney
Bahamas
Nassau
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thegrinder wrote:
lexifer wrote:

We haven't heard anything about the dramlands in months, so I suppose all the rules stayed the same:

-Control all the citadels on one of the two maps to win the game.
-Bhole preys on the underground map.
-Zoogs harass players on the surface.
-Tunnels connect the two maps.

I saw that too, and that sounds very cool, however, where I'm getting curious is that according to the descriptions which I've pasted in below, the descriptions for the Surface and Underworld maps are different than the description for the Dreamlands Map Expansion:

Surface map: 4 Moonbeasts 3 Gnorri 2 Shantaks.
Underworld map: 4 Ghasts 3 Leng Spiders 2 Gugs.

Dreamlands Description: 2 Double-Sided Maps 6 Plastic Zoog Miniatures 1 Colossal Bhole

I'm assuming that the rules as they applied to the Surface and Underworld have changed, which I don't have a problem with, I'm just curious. Are we getting the Gnorri, Shantaks, Ghasts, Leng Spiders and Gugs along with the Zoog and the Bhole, or has the Dreamlands been simplified?

Map Descriptions

The Dreamlands Underworld Monster expansion consists of three monster types. It includes 4 Ghasts, 3 Leng Spiders, and 2 Gugs. It also includes a Homeland marker for each species. They can be used on any map - i.e., not just the Dreamlands. You can use them on Yuggoth if you're of a mind, and they work fine. Their availability in the waking world is a sign of the bounds of reality breaking down as the Great Old Ones shatter natural laws on their return. In this expansion pack you'll receive: 4 Ghasts 3 Leng Spiders 2 Gugs 3 Homeland markers

The Dreamlands Surface Monster expansion consists of three monster types. It includes 2 Shantaks, 3 Gnorri, and 4 Moonbeasts. It also includes a Homeland marker for each species. They can be used on any map - i.e., not just the Dreamlands. Each monster has a special ability inherent to it, which is described on its loyalty card. Shantaks have the highly useful ability of carrying a Cultist with the when they move, so you can move two units for just 1 Power (as long as one is a Cultist, and the other a Shantak). Gnorri, Lovecraft's little-described amphibious horrors, are one of the few creatures who are habitat-specific. They have ONE ability when in the water, and a different ability on land. The Moonbeasts have a particularly obnoxious special power which makes them the bane of the other players. In this expansion pack you will receive: 4 Moonbeasts 3 Gnorri 2 Shantaks 3 Homeland markers

The Dreamlands includes TWO double-sided maps: the Underworld and the Surface! Also comes with 6 Zoog plastic miniatures and the Bhole. Your units can travel between the two maps at specific locations. Dominate one map to win the game! On the Surface world, the Zoogs spy on you and harass your forces. In the Underworld, you are preyed on by the terrifying Bhole! In this expansion you will receive: 2 Double-Sided Maps 6 Plastic Zoog Miniatures 1 Colossal Bhole Plastic Miniature Rulebook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're mixing up a couple of things

Dreamlands Surface/ Underworld Monsters is not a map its just a set of independent monsters you can add to your games (this has not changed at all).

The Dreamlands map is a set of 2 maps. One surface which has Zoogs running around and one underworld which has the dreaded Bhole rampaging. (This also hasn't changed at all.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander McKinney
Bahamas
Nassau
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valandor wrote:
You're mixing up a couple of things

Dreamlands Surface/ Underworld Monsters is not a map its just a set of independent monsters you can add to your games (this has not changed at all).

The Dreamlands map is a set of 2 maps. One surface which has Zoogs running around and one underworld which has the dreaded Bhole rampaging. (This also hasn't changed at all.)

I was mixing up a couple of things. That is fantastic. Even more Cthulhu Wars goodness. This is exciting.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you'll be very happily surprised then ... I mean I don't know secrets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.