Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Lewis & Clark» Forums » Rules

Subject: May I place 1-3 indians in a semicircle if I cannot perform the action? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimiliano Santuari
Italy
Trento
flag msg tools
mb
Could I place (as compulsory action) 1-3 indians in a semicircle (let's say Horse trade) if I cannot perform the actions (I don't have resources) just to get rid of the indians before encampment? This could make a difference in reaching Fort Clatsop or not (because a lot of indians left on the boat could move the scout back)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

From the rules:

It is also permissible to take only some (or none) of the benefits gained from an Action (Character or Village), rather than all of them.

IMO the answer is yes. I couldn't find a quote saying that in order to perform an action you have to fulfill the prerequisites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pol Michiels
Belgium
Ottenburg
Vlaams brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Of all people who have nothing to say, those who say nothing are the wisest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Svartisen wrote:
Hi,

From the rules:

It is also permissible to take only some (or none) of the benefits gained from an Action (Character or Village), rather than all of them.

IMO the answer is yes. I couldn't find a quote saying that in order to perform an action you have to fulfill the prerequisites.

Actually ,the quote does sort of say you can't, and so did the designer somewhere on this forum. You don't have to take the benefits if you don't want to, but you have to pay the costs of the action. Otherwise, you can't take it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi,

You can get rid of 1 up to 3 Indians in a semi-circle action if you wish. You do not have to pay the wood. But you loose your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ludo naute wrote:
Hi, You can get rid of 1 up to 3 Indians in a semi-circle action if you wish. You do not have to pay the wood. But you loose your turn.

Right, but remember you can still camp after wasting the action. Maybe getting rid of extra Indians will allow you to camp without penalty and win if you are at or beyond Ft. Clatsop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.