yoan bouillon
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
this afternoon i will pick a cople of game

My favorite game lately.....RRR, concordia,madeira, bruxelle 1893, Coal baron,snowdonia
75% of the time we play 2-3 player
we like workerplacement first but we are open to other game
we like game who play under 2:30hrs

those are game im interested in:

dungeon petz
navegador
CO2
seeland
robinson crusoe
ora labora
spyrium
dragon river
exodus proximus
marchant of venus

any suggestion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Of those I'd go with Seeland. Especially based on your likes.
If they don't have that, get spyrium or Keyflower.

dungeon petz - cute but complicated in that very Vlaada way
navegador - Fun but disappointing endgame
CO2 - Complicated and not enough intensive to work with other players
robinson crusoe - amazing game, but best with 4 imo
ora labora - Glass Road is better imo
exodus proximus - Long punchy dice-rolling space battles game, far from the games you list as likes
marchant of venus - Very long very random pickup and deliver game. Shows its age in its design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Duvall
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Seeland is easy to find and at good prices. Nice runthrough by Rahdo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
“The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
mbmbmbmbmb
Navegador
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Navegador - It plays great at all play counts.

Also, my wife and I have had a great time with Spyrium lately. We even like it quite a bit with only 2.

It seems you like worker placement. For a complex worker-placement game with an auction twist, Dungeon Pets should hit the sweet spot.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the thoughts and knowledge I have of all of that I'd jump at Dungeon Petz, and after that, Spyrium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parks
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the games you listed I have only played 2 those being Ora et Labora and Robinsion Crusoe. I almost exclusively play only 2 player and both are great games 2 player IMO. These are 2 of my highest rated games I own. Beyond that the games that I most want from the remainder of you list are 1) Navegador 2) Dungeon Petz. I haven't given any consideration to the rest of the games you list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Artdicted
Greece
Athens
Kallithea
flag msg tools
badge
ΓΙΑ ΤΑ ΚΑΣΚΟΛ ΠΟΥ ΕΧΟΥΝ ΠΑΛΙΩΣΕΙ...ΚΑΙ ΓΙΑ ΤΗΝ ΤΡΕΛΑ ΠΟΥ ΠΟΤΕ ΔΕΝ ΘΑ ΤΕΛΕΙΩΣΕΙ
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never met a person that regreted buying two games on your list.

Robinson Crusoe
Dungeon petz

I am sure many of you now are answering: "you should go out more"

I'd go with Crusoe.

Great worker placement, euro with great theme, great replayability and plays extremely well with two.

And please no g.g. have plenty of it, one thumb is more than enough.

Happy gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
flag msg tools
+1 Robinson Crusoe plays best with 3 players and works really well with two players. Besides that, I am amazed by how thematic and immersive it is. You really feel like a lone group of survivors stranded on an island that tries to beat you down.

Helvetia is an interesting worker-placement game, where you have to merry other people's meeples, so you can work in their town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Robinson Crusoe with 1-4 and it's awesome with every number. I love the game so much. It's so immersive and just a great experience.

Spyrium is also super fun (and pretty cheap!) but I don't really like it all that much with 2. I mean, it's alright but it's much better with more people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
Enemy Action: Ardennes
badge
Possessed Tank never goes AWOL
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the ones on your list, I would probably go for Robinson Crusoe and Merchant of Venus. I like the possibility of playing solitaire as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross W
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Silly
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Navegador & Robinson. A few other suggestions, if you'd like...

meeple Castles of Burgundy
meeple Castaways (Robinson-lite; lots of fun and variety, like the choose of your adventure books!)
meeple Tinner's Trail (great Wallace, since you like Automobile)
meeple Tweeeet (quick 20-30 min filler w/gorgeous design/bits)
meeple Bruges
meeple Compounded (atom placement!)
meeple Discworld: Ankh Morkpork (another Wallace & since you like RRR, this has a high "take that" component but it's fun in the right spirit)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth G
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ora et Labora! Uwe is a genius! Can't go wrong!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robinson Crusoe, definitely. This is the only game I know of that EVERYONE likes, has a somewhat prestigious "literary" theme, and is an excellent solo game.

edit: I'm the 8th person to recommend this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Day
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you can find a copy of Ora et Labora you should grab it. Seems to be hard to get right now. Anyone have news of a reprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Code Red
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:
edit: I'm the 8th person to recommend this.

Robinson Crusoe is lots of fun. I've played it at 1-3 players so far and felt all of those numbers worked well. Make me the ninth. I'm trusting your counting abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I first didn't want to reply this thread, because Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island is the only entry from your list I actually played (and own).

Still, I can echo the praise for it. It's an excellent game if you are looking for a heavy-themed, challenging cooperative game which works great with 1-4 players. The production quality is also very good and there is a lot of variety inside the game's box which will keep you busy for weeks and months.

The only obstacle could be learning the game's rules. If you are familiar with mid-heavy weight games, this should be no problem to you at all and once you know the rules, they are actually rather easy to teach.

I would also like to point you in the direction of Grumsh's two-part video tutorial/review which was tremendously helpful to me: http://boardgamegeek.com/video/34582/robinson-crusoe-adventu...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.