Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy Cox
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
1) I played with Hulk. At times there were more than one alien on an area. I used and ammo to "area damage" I rolled 5 hits. I then had each alien defend one at a time against 5. is this correct?

2) An alien has to have LOS to attack correct? Seems like last night an BETA ALPHA was always behind a "hill" and could never see me to do much.

Any thoughts here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two more to add to that:

If the Alien is 4 or more areas away, but has LOS, do you use the (+) still?

You use the +ammo for area effect before the damage roll, that I know, but if you roll an ammo on your dice, does that cost another ammo? Can you use the additional ammo for additional damage after the roll; or after the alien rolls his defense dice (to add that one more damage you may need to kill a target)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gifford
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Yup, even if they have LOS, if they're too far away for any other AI action on the card they use the (+) action.

Not sure about the ammo roll taking ammo if you spend ammo on an AoE affect. I'll wait for the devs to answer that one.

You can use additional ammo for more hits after you roll the dice, but it has to be done before the defense roll is made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Weapons that use ammo to attack like the hulk main weapon, or the marine one ( only if you decide to deal area damage by discarding ammo) ignore the AMMO dice results, so you can't lose additional ammo due to a bad luck, are still able to spend ammo to add hits (speaking about the hulk weapon)

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:

Weapons that use ammo to attack like the hulk main weapon, or the marine one ( only if you decide to deal area damage by discarding ammo) ignore the AMMO dice results, so you can't lose additional ammo due to a bad luck,

What what? Thats good news for that agents, but not clear in the rules imho. While they state that you can only loose 1 ammo for dice rolls it does not say (clearly), that you can only loose one ammo per shot (so voluntarily giving up some does already cover the dice).

Ans as it hasn't been confirmed: ammo for area effect - does it have to be announced prior to the attack, or can I roll first and then only opt to do area damage on a good result?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Crago
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That does make me happier to know that is is only one lost in that case. I was playing at as 2 lost and that can really make a weapon get empty fast with bad luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to state in advance if your using ammo/area effect. You can use the extra hits/damage per ammo after the attack I am almost sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.