Popular Tags: [View All]
nāt
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We really enjoyed our first experience with Citrus. We'll definitely be playing it again! For the most part the rules are straightforward and easy to learn, however my group had some questions concerning the Bull action tile:

We understood the rules to mean that you can place a Bull on any of the unoccupied 8 tiles around a Finca that has at least 1 occupied plantation connected to it. Placing it here triggers an early scoring of that Finca. Is this correct?

In scoring this incomplete Finca, do you score it as if it were complete (i.e. 1st player with majority receives higher score, 2nd player with 2nd best majority receives lower score), or do you score it the same way as End of the Game Finca scoring (i.e. only 1 player with majority receives the lower point score)?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
UntitledDocument wrote:
We really enjoyed our first experience with Citrus. We'll definitely be playing it again! For the most part the rules are straightforward and easy to learn, however my group had some questions concerning the Bull action tile:

I think you've misunderstood the rules. The Bull will trigger the scoring of the Finca only if it fills up the last unoccupied (non-rock) space. It really only makes sense to play the Bull in this situation. Of course you could have two bulls and fill in the last two empty spaces...

There is no restriction on where you can place a bull except that the space has to be an empty, non-rock, non Finca building site, space.

Quote:
We understood the rules to mean that you can place a Bull on any of the unoccupied 8 tiles around a Finca that has at least 1 occupied plantation connected to it. Placing it here triggers an early scoring of that Finca. Is this correct?

This is not correct. No early scoring is triggered. There is no such restriction on the placement of the bull.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nāt
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:
I think you've misunderstood the rules. The Bull will trigger the scoring of the Finca only if it fills up the last unoccupied (non-rock) space. It really only makes sense to play the Bull in this situation. Of course you could have two bulls and fill in the last two empty spaces...

There is no restriction on where you can place a bull except that the space has to be an empty, non-rock, non Finca building site, space.

Ah, I think I understand now. Basically you can use the Bull as a filler tile to finish off your turn if you're one plantation short of completing a Finca?

Thanks for the response!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
UntitledDocument wrote:
JonBen wrote:

Ah, I think I understand now. Basically you can use the Bull as a filler tile to finish off your turn if you're one plantation short of completing a Finca?

Thanks for the response!

Yes, it is often used at the end of a market turn, but it could be used at other times. An interesting case is at the beginning of a harvest turn. Perhaps your opponent just placed some plantation tiles and you can score the finca by placing a bull. With the scoring of the finca complete you may be able to justify harvesting one of your plantations adjacent to the just scored finca.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon beat me to it

Also remember that the bull tile can be taken again by another player who builds a plantation over its new location!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.