Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a recent personal communication from Todd at AEG, he said that the Geeks faction will be printed sometime in the summer. What people will get on Tabletop Day is a certificate for a copy.

The one who wrote the announcement at G&S either misunderstood it or worded it poorly, so spread the word: Yes, be excited about it; No, don't expect it for a few months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norm Al
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Geeks faction available in the summer, at the earliest
Just to be clear, the faction will be available for purchase in the summer, or will be available for only those who have the certificate for a copy?

The local game store was going to be giving away 3 copies on Tabletop day as rewards for Trivia contests (now I'm sure they'll be giving away 3 certificates as rewards). I was planning on trying to win a copy, but if it'll be available for purchase in the summer, I can just wait until then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have told you all I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norm Al
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'll try to win a certificate copy on Saturday then?

Based on the wording you used (both from your response and from what you said Todd said), its ambiguous as to whether it'll be available for purchase in the Summer and I don't want to take that chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it'll be included with the Big Box. Whether there will be other ways to get it, I don't know yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just posted this to the AEG and Smash Up groups on our social accounts, thought I should share it here too:

We want to send a quick clarification for Smash Up players and TableTop Retail Stores.

As part of the TableTop Retailer Package each store will receive three coupons for a free copy of a new product. This special product (The Big Geeky Box) will include the Geek and Sundry Geeks deck. This product has not been solicited or announced yet. Each store will decide how they wish to use the coupons provided in the package. They have the option to wait until release and sell the product or use them as part of a special promotion or any other creative idea they can come up with.

Stores will be able to order additional copies from their distributor on release of this product in August of this year, as it will be a normally sold product. More info to come soon!

So the Geeks are coming and players will have access to these decks beyond the three coupons provided to each store in the TableTop Day package.

Don't stop geeking out and don't start freaking out. Everyone will have access to the GEEKS. Have fun at TableTop Day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGTodd wrote:
Don't stop geeking out and don't start freaking out. Everyone will have access to the GEEKS. Have fun at TableTop Day!

Awesome to hear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r0t1 prata
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Todd, what are the contents in the Smash Up big box edition? All current factions up to SFDF plus Geeks faction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Snart
msg tools
And what about new FAQ or Errata?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tebo of Gotham
United States
Manheim
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So excited! But I think I'll miss my custom Smash Up box. I guess we'll see closer to release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was mainly disappointed in the availability of the certificates when I was at. Seems destined to be yet another promo item that garners an absurd price on Ebay rather than something enjoyable for the players of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robbdaman wrote:
I was mainly disappointed in the availability of the certificates when I was at. Seems destined to be yet another promo item that garners an absurd price on Ebay rather than something enjoyable for the players of the game.

I think they already confirmed the exact opposite of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RhodesN7 wrote:
robbdaman wrote:

I think they already confirmed the exact opposite of this.

But that would mean that the person you were quoting would actually need to read what was posted rather than just make assumptions. Assumptions are the currency of the internet, you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.