Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent review. A clear, crisp, fair description.

We love it too. 24 in the bag - but 25 remains elusive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victoria B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'm really glad you liked it - both the game and the review! We still haven't completed it either, although I don't think we've managed as near as 24. So close! Good luck with your future fireworks meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really like the artwork of the tokens in this version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ConfusedKitty wrote:
You can choose to tell someone a piece of information about their cards at the cost of one of the group's 'time' tokens - there are only eight of these and if they run out, the game ends!
Quote:
If you use up all the time tokens: game over.

Where do you get this idea? The rules (regardless of edition) don't say this at all—it's not one of the three ways to end the game.

In fact, in the rules for the edition for which you've posted images, the final "NOTE:" under "1. GIVING A PIECE OF INFORMATION" reads as follows:
Hanabi rules wrote:
This action cannot be performed if there are no blue tokens left on the table. In that case, the player has to choose to perform a different action.
...and there's no point in choosing a different action if the game were over.

ConfusedKitty wrote:
Run out of cards in the draw pile and - you guessed it - game over.

Not sure where this is coming from either. From the rules once again:
Hanabi rules wrote:
3. The game ends if a player takes the last card from the pile: each player plays one more time, including the player who picked up the last card.

ConfusedKitty wrote:
Despite this, after our very first game (read: crushing defeat) [...]

Hope this makes any future defeats a little less crushing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect the OP did understand the rules despite some errors in the text. I think the OP mixed up "time" and "fuse" tokens but I'm guessing they were mixed up in the post, not in the way the game was played.

Not to disagree with your comments, BF - I figure the OP probably played right, even if there are mistakes above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.