Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Boggs
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my first two player game.

We were wondering what is the point of the extra life goal card played onto the board at the start?

Are you able to take it if you don't roll enough symbols to take a card? If so does it get replaced by another?

I can't see anything in the rules to indicate what happens to it, or how you get it?

Other than that, I really liked it!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Salamon
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
When did this overtext thing happen? Am I supposed to think of something clever to put here?
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a Public Life Goal.

In the middle of the Game End scoring it says:

"Players also check who gains points from the public life goals which were visible on the board from the start of the game. Each of the public goals awards additional points to the whoever best achieved it. If several players tied in achieving a goal, they both get full points for it."

So, you don't take, you all work on it and hope to be the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Boggs
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Salamon wrote:

"Players also check who gains points from the public life goals which were visible on the board from the start of the game. Each of the public goals awards additional points to the whoever best achieved it. If several players tied in achieving a goal, they both get full points for it."

That explains it! I missed that, even after reading it twice!!

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordRorthorn wrote:
I missed that, even after reading it twice!

So did I.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kegg
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Salamon wrote:

What does "best achieved it" mean here? That only one person (or persons who tied) can claim it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, only one person who most fulfilled a *public* life goal can score it. (or two if they are tied) However, the *private* goal cards can only be claimed by the player who holds them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
montebanc wrote:
Yes, only one person who most fulfilled a *public* life goal can score it. (or two if they are tied) However, the *private* goal cards can only be claimed by the player who holds them.

Thanks, that's how we played it.
I had a really really low score so I was wondering if that was the case, but I forgot to take Social Assistance throughout the game, so maybe that would've helped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes - It's really important to manage your bad luck in this game. I've had some really unpleasant games when I couldn't manage it, and some really successful games when I did!

I almost wonder if there shouldn't be a "gloom" alternative scoring for this game....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
montebanc wrote:
I almost wonder if there shouldn't be a "gloom" alternative scoring for this game....

Or gloom-like goals: be unemployed and have no $.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.