Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Morgan
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody ever combined their copy with a friends copy and played with more players? If so how many tiles and gems did you use? How was it? I know the expansion allows for a 6th player, but I don't have that yet.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this would work especially well, because of the real time aspect of the game. Firstly you need to distinguish all the meeples, because in the chaos of frantically doing things you could easily start moving someone else around. Even if you deal with that, with 10 people, everyone needs a little more table space, meaning everyone is probably a little further from the action in the center and will find it harder to move themselves around easily. With doubled space taken up by combining copies this becomes even more of an issue, even, as you're going to really struggle to explore on the opposite side of the table to you.

I think the expansions 6 players is probably about the limit. Perhaps up to say 8, if you have a nice sized table, using just some expansions. I don't think you'd want to use all the tiles - perhaps 50% extra on the base game, and around 22-33 gems (depending on skill level)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
How about a team vs. team challenge instead? Instead of removing gems from the gem bank so you can escape, just start with a massive pile.

In order to escape at the end, you just need to roll a number of keys which was agreed upon in the beginning. This number could be different for each team if you need to balance. I would set the number fairly low (2 or 3) because there will be a large push your luck aspect to trying to lock more gems than the other team.

Maybe the penalty for not getting out will be you lose (n+1)^2 gems where n is the number of players who failed to get out on your team (unless everyone gets out, then it's just zero (or n = -1).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tips guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had some people leave before we played Escape. So we ended up playing with 7 players. Some of them were new players so we didn't use curses or treasures. We put in 21 gems and it was a blast! Died once and made it out by the skin of our teeth once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.