Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenny Owens
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same pain points as I am with the free shipping from Coolstuffinc.com. Every single order except the very first one with them has shown up on average 1 to 2 days late with both Fed Ex and UPS. I realize that the late shipping has more to do with those companies instead of CSI, I am just wondering if it is some low cost offer to CSI with the knowledge that packages will get put behind even normal priority packages? I have spent well over $1000 in the last year alone and it is baffling how packages simply cannot show up on time when using free shipping. I have not had this issue with Cardhaus, or Amazon etc. 10 to 11 days for US shipping on average.

I have also provided this feedback via email several times to CSI and have received zero response. I suppose you get what you pay for. This has convinced me to move to a new FOLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep! One day late nearly every time for me.

But hey, it's FREE shipping, and games at a great price. So I just grab another game I have and play that instead.

You could also place your orders a day earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Living in New York (same coast), I haven't had an issue, but I usually couldn't care when the games arrive as long as it's within a week from shipping.

However, based on your location, you're pretty far from them and this becomes a logistics issues with the companies involved, not CSI.

If I could find games cheaper elsewhere that has a good rewards program, friendly customer service (shout out to Corey), and good inventory, I would make the switch.

I wouldn't do it based on getting my package a day or two later than I had expected.

But that's just me. I can totally understand if you put an order together thinking you'll have it by gamenight and it doesn't show.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy answer..

The two companies you mentioned as faster are half the distance across the country from you..

CSI, is in the ass end of the country from you.. IT literally has to ship from Florida Orlando to Washington.

There is at least 1 if not 2 extra sort facilities the package has to pass through to get to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M Duran
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
ever this day be at my side, to light and to guard, to rule and guide.
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny,

I have had issues with Cardhaus and especially Amazon. If I order from Amazon its a crap shoot with free shipping when I get it.

CSI I don't recall a delay once its on its way (far west Texas).

However on balance
1. GREAT customer service
2. Loyalty discount, although now I'm earning the last one, but takes too long, maybe more in between benchmarks (but I digress)
3. Best prices over all
4. Usually in stock
5. Modify orders, add, subtract, mid prep, no problem.
6. Games in good condition due to high volume sales.

Looking only at one aspect of their business practices does not put the companies performance in context.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in California. Shipping's never taken more or less than one week that I can recall.

Thing is, once it leaves CSI, it's out of their hands. So if it's late, that's on the carrier, not CSI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I blame FedEx, not CSI. 95% of the time I get an order coming via FedEx, I know that the delivery date is a lie and they'll be here the next day at best. UPS was often the same way when I was getting stuff from them, but that's been a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found that FedEx pretty consistently thinks they'll get it to me a day earlier than CSI's delivery estimate at checkout, and is always a day late (or on time, depending whose estimate you go by.) First couple of times it happened I got concerned, but now I'm used to it and chalk it up to FedEx's tracking system being a bit hit-or-miss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bailey
United States
Morrow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never had any problems with their shipping. It always takes two days to get to me (Ohio) with no delays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably FedEx. I get my order the next day, but I live near Tampa, so it's about two hours from CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
often wrote:
It's probably FedEx. I get my order the next day, but I live near Tampa, so it's about two hours from CSI.

It is entirely FedEx. CSI does not guarantee any delivery date. FedEx is the one who gives you a date to expect your package. On occasion, they have also marked it delivered when it gets delivered the next day. Likely to increase their delivery on time numbers.

If you want to pay for shipping, you can pick the carrier, and how fast you want it delivered. When anyone is offering free shipping, you get what they choose.

Often times in life you get what you pay for, when you get free shipping, you are getting more than what you pay for.

Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Winfrey
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't know if there's a "hole" in the way--the elaborate logistical setups FedEx and others use can provide weird gaps or delays to some area. Also, the halfway across the country thing really, really doesn't help you. With fuel expenses, surging shipping demand, and a winter that continues to cause delays coming into and getting out of shipping hubs, there are going to be problems.

Honestly I'd try Miniature Market if I were you. Much closer, very competitive prices. They're a fine company too, and I'd use them if I weren't East Coast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just recently placed three different orders with CSI and in all three cases the games arrived when they were supposed to !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bharath Allam
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always get 1 day late than the originally said date in the tracking. This happens only with CSI shipments and is being happening for years now. I don't mind it actually coming 1 day late..what is frustrating is why cannot they get the date right from get go.

Even the package I received today was supposed to come yesterday. I now just add 1 day to whatever FedEx shows:-). Not sure where the issue lies...is it with FedEx but if so, why other packages via FedEx comes on time is mystery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrienne
United States
SAN JOSE
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fierce Fish Win the Cup
mbmbmbmbmb
The only issue I have had was when FedEx let it sit in FL for 4 days. CSI handled it well by getting in touch with them about why. It was at my door the next day. I've spent a lot in the past few years going cross country and it always shows when it says it will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Steward
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Fretboard Gamer
badge
p/g
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI shipping to me (in Idaho) is nearly always 1-2 days later than FedEx claims on the first day in transit (and sometimes 3 days later).

Frankly, their ground tracking estimates cross-country are a bit of a joke... but the even worse joke is if you try to find a way to give them feedback about how ridiculous it is to have their tracking page still say "On Schedule" when it's three days past their original scheduled delivery date.

FedEx's robo-responses to email feedback are bizarrely and sometimes hilariously inept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tham
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Best game ever!
badge
Happy Gaming!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lyear wrote:
I've found that FedEx pretty consistently thinks they'll get it to me a day earlier than CSI's delivery estimate at checkout, and is always a day late (or on time, depending whose estimate you go by.) First couple of times it happened I got concerned, but now I'm used to it and chalk it up to FedEx's tracking system being a bit hit-or-miss.

Ditto.

CSI is great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Villa
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't complain. I am stationed overseas in the military and I can not qualify for the free domestic shipping by Fedex or ground courrier, so even though my military address is considered a domestic address by the U.S. Post Office, I still have to pay $50 shipping on a $250 order for Priority Mail shipping to my 'domestic' U.S. military APO address - and it still takes 2 weeks to reach me.

So, appreciate your free shipping, even if it takes an extra 1-2 days!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Castellucci
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm in the SF Bay Area, and I also get the 2 day FedEx delay. Someone should point a CS Rep from CSI at this thread, so that the next time they evaluate carriers, they are aware of this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormbull wrote:
I'm in the SF Bay Area, and I also get the 2 day FedEx delay. Someone should point a CS Rep from CSI at this thread, so that the next time they evaluate carriers, they are aware of this issue.
Why? What's CSI's (or any other free shipping provider's) motivation beyond "cheapest" and "reasonably high rate of successful delivery"?

They've got functionally no incentive to go faster if you're not paying them for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is always exactly 1 day late as well. Been this way for the past few years over many orders. It always happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lomn wrote:
Stormbull wrote:
Why? What's CSI's (or any other free shipping provider's) motivation beyond "cheapest" and "reasonably high rate of successful delivery"?

They've got functionally no incentive to go faster if you're not paying them for it.

That and, if they did hypothetically switch, they'd just frustrate the other half of the country that has no problem with FedEx but UPS is always delayed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Petersen
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A shipment from CSI is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len K
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You were expecting something witty?
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me get this straight... you're not complaining about damaged shipments (hello Amazon and poor packaging), or non-delivery, or poor customer service, but rather the fact that your free shipping arrives a day late, when it's not CSI's delivery schedule? Sheesh.

CSI is the best online game retailer I have ever dealt with, far and away.

Pay for guaranteed shipping, then. First world problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would consider changing the inaccurate title of your thread. It undermines the great service CSI is known for and burdens them with accountability for situations beyond their responsibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.