Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with Pay Dirt or it's publisher. For full disclosure, I am, however, a backer of the game on Kickstarter. I am merely providing this giveaway as a gesture of kindness to fellow gamers. This contest has been approved by Octavian.

Pay Dirt is a really special game to me. It is designed by Tory Niemann (also: Alien Frontiers, one of my all-time favorite games) and has stunning artwork by Naomi Robinson (also: Fantasy Frontier, the most beautiful game I've ever seen). Additionally, it's an engine building game with unique mechanics that are easy to learn, but challenging to master. Overall, one of my most highly anticipated games of 2014.

The game comes with several neat components — meeples, gold nuggets, wear cubes, various tiles, etc. — all stored in traditional plastic ziplock bags for easy organization.

But would it not be super neat to have nicely designed storage bags featuring game artwork? Of course!

Many of you know me to be passionate and enthusiastic about things I believe in, and Pay Dirt is no exception. Therefore ...

LIST OF WINNERS

Grand Prize

Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You will receive:
- a set of storage bags for Pay Dirt (ARV $65)
- a prototype copy of Pay Dirt (courtesy of Crash Games) while you await delivery of the actual game!

Second Prize

Ian Forbes
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

M. Frieg
Germany
Gummersbach
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
I AM WATCHING U
mbmbmbmbmb

You will each receive 50 GG (courtesy of Chuck Reed)

Third Prize

Owen Davis
United Kingdom
Romford
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb

Jason
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You will each receive 25 GG (courtesy of Rick Vinyard and Crash Games)

If you did not win ...

All bags depicted below will be available for purchase directly from ArtsCow.

Player Bag — RED
Player Bag — BLUE
Player Bag — GREEN
Player Bag — PURPLE
Player Bag — ORANGE
Wear Cube Bag
Pay Dirt Tile Bag
Money Tile Bag
Gold Nugget Bag

* * * PURCHASE INSTRUCTIONS AND COUPONS * * *

Normally, these bags are fairly expensive ($65 before shipping, $105 including shipping). However, if you follow the instructions below, you can acquire the entire set directly from ArtsCow for only about $22!

Step 1: Add ONLY the Gold Nugget bag to your cart. Proceed to checkout.

$0.99 with free shipping worldwide, additional bags $4.99/each
New Customer Code: Z099PLAYR8QAN

$1.99 with free shipping worldwide, additional $4.99/each
Returning Customer Code: ZCE8UXU

The codes above are one-time use and only work if you have never previously used a similar code to purchase heavily discounted "Cosmetic Bags" from ArtsCow. If neither code works for you, then your account is not eligible for this offer again. ArtsCow policy — entirely outside of my control.

Step 2: Add all other bags to your cart. Proceed to checkout.

4 bags for $9.99 with free shipping worldwide
($19.98 for the entire set of 8 bags)
Coupon Code: MINICOINPURSE4 (Expires April 30, 2014)

Contest Rules wrote:
Grand Prize: One set of PayDirt themed storage bags for one lucky winner
Second Prize: 50 GG each for two lucky winners
Third Prize: 25 GG for one lucky winner

Each storage bag will be made from durable polyester, featuring official and/or original artwork on both sides.

The storage bag set will simply replace the plastic baggies and consists of:
- 1 meeple bag per player color (4 or 5 bags total)
- 1 bag to hold all gold nuggets
- 1 bag to hold all wear cubes

This contest is open to everyone. To enter, simply comment below.

If you are a current backer, I encourage you to share your reasons for backing the game. If you are not yet a backer, I invite you to take a look at the Pay Dirt Kickstarter campaign which runs for another 7 days.

If, for some reason, you do NOT wish to receive the storage bag set, please note so in your comment, thereby giving others a chance to win instead.

One entry per person.

The contest will close at the end of the Kickstarter campaign (Thu, Apr 10 2014 11:00 PM MDT), at which point I will randomly determine the winners.

All official artwork used is Copyright © 2014, Crash Games, LLC. Special thanks to Patrick and Crash Games for allowing me to utilize artwork for this giveaway.
The storage bag set is donated by me, Rainer Ahlfors. The 2×50 GG is donated by Chuck Reed. 1×25 GG is donated by Rick Vinyard.

Crash Games contacted me with an offer to expand the Grand Prize to include a prototype copy of Pay Dirt while the winner expects delivery of the published game (if a backer). Additionally, Crash Games donated 50 GG to expand the total number of third prizes to three.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Final bag designs for the Grand Prize:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Claimed! :-) Rainer, this is awesome, thank you! I backed Pay Dirt because, after checking the pedigrees of everyone involved, I took a look at the show Gold Rush. My enjoyment of the show and my excitement for the project arced up and up. Now that I've had an opportunity to play a few times, I think this game may crack my top ten. It's just excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm backing Pay Dirt for numerous reasons. I love the theme (being from Fairbanks, AK, and having the chance to pan for gold before ratchets up my excitement). I love the quality of the game components (which usually are only achieved after reaching a certain stretch goal but are standard here!). I love the publisher, Patrick's willingness to keep improving the campaign (getting better international shipping rates, upgrading the gold nugget pieces for free, adding a money back guarantee). And best of all, I have loved and enjoyed hearing from both Patrick and the game designer, Tory Niemann, on the journey from concept to what we see now in Pay Dirt. It's been an awesome campaign!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Peoble
United States
Sahuarita
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great contest, thanks for running it!

I backed Pay Dirt after getting to play a prototype of it at a local Tucson game day. It really is a great game and got my brain churning in all the right ways. The mix of worker placement and auction is pretty unique and a lot of fun. Plus, the theme is heavy in the game and all of the actions just makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!

Edit: I am pretty sure that I was the first backer on Kickstarter. It was so weird pledging when the numbers were all zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed Pay Dirt because it's the type of game I like, and having played a prototype, I enjoyed it - I can only imagine the game is better by now, and it certainly looks much nicer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Peterson
United States
St. Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a backer and am really looking forward to this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PLAYER R3D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice. I can't wait to see your designs.

I wish more people would pay attention to Pay Dirt. They are definitely missing out on a freaking sweet board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool idea! I'm backing Pay Dirt because it looks great, I love the theme, and it should be an easy game to get others to play. I'm hoping to get in a play of it this weekend with Patrick at a local event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
mbmbmbmbmb
I followed Pay Dirt because I like the theme, I finally backed it after creating a print and play version of the game. I really enjoy the game play. I already have pyrite ordered to replace the plastic gold nuggets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a backer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed since my wife and I really enjoy alien frontiers. Then I heard about this and watched rhados run through
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We, as a family, have watched Gold Rush since the beginning so when I first saw the ad for Pay Dirt I knew exactly what the game was. Pledged the second day of the campaign and haven't regretted it. Game play looks fun and the art is great. The new gold nuggets just sweeten the deal that much more.

So the theme and components were a draw but you have to add the enthusiasm of the creator. He is only the second creator (out of 63 backed campaigns) to message me and thank me for pledging.

That's all.

Long live John Schnabel!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
mbmb
Depends on my funds actually. Limited at this point but definitely interested in the game. Sign me up for the contest! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hafermann
United States
Victoria
MN MINNESOTA
flag msg tools
My interest in the game comes with the very reason Tory Nieman designed the game. The idea of mining companies fighting each other to ind the most Gold. I heard about this game right after returning from Alaska and watching Gold Rush. Here's hoping that I'll be able to play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Bellemare
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGG!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea !

I am backing Pay Dirt since the day shipping to Canada became less expensive.

I was suscribed to the BGG entry since a few weeks before the kickstarter. Seen it on the Rahdo interesting game of 2014 geeklist, and wanted it since.

It seems like the perfect game for the little weeknight game with my wife. Not to long, but with a nice dose of optimisation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoooo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife really enjoys 'engine building' it seems, so this seems like it will be a hit with my group. (Heaven knows Alien Frontiers is!)

The fact that the engine is already built at the start, allowing players to fine-tune it to suit their purposes seems like a really neat idea.

And every once in a while, there comes across a piece of art that just grabs your imagination for some reason, you know? The 'poltergeist' digger machine art is that for me at this moment. I can't get it out of my head. It's glowing greeny goodness just screams theme.

Hearing Patrick's story is inspiring to me as well. OF course I could not have known that going into it, but it's encouraging to see someone facing a deck stacked against them and still plowing ahead with their dreams. I pray him success in the years to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm backing because I really believe in the designer, and I love Alaska and all things mining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House Rules
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Don't follow me! I'm lost.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at this today. Then saw this. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Silver
United States
Plainfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bags look awesome! Count me in for the contest. Though funds are limited right now, I plan on getting a copy sometime. One of Tory Niemann's brothers is a close college friend of mine. Thus, I will always support whatever he publishes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick L
United States
Eagan
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed this because I like engine building games and Alien Frontiers. I'm shocked at how little funding this has gotten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa... I was excited before. That looks fantastic! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Chapman
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
That bag looks awesome!! I am backing the kickstarter for this game because from the online reviews I've seen it looks like a game I will really enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.