Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played the Mexico map once with 2 players. I thought it worked quite well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the big map is only better with 4 or more players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the Mexico and Canadian maps for 2p. I don't play often as I think it is better with more people. But it plays fine with two.

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon G
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you select the correct map, it plays well and quickly with 2p. My wife and I can knock out a game in an hour. That said, I'd rather play with 4+ players, where you get more ambitious networks and many-ways interactions with other players.

The base game comes with a map of Mexico that's aimed at 2-4 players, and a US map that's best for 4-6. The Canadian map (Railways of North America) is also well-suited to 2 players, and there a couple good variants to play with 2p on the US map. My favorite is:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/100656/middle-board-section-...

The Mexico map has expensive track costs and feels less wide open than the other maps, which will appeal to gamers who like a tighter tactical contest, but less to those who want to build big, beautiful networks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I recently played the Europe map a couple of times with my daughter and we both enjoyed it a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plays really well 2 players (depending on map). Just plays even better with more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
It depends on what you expect out of the game. Some people play the game in a rather friendly manner and two player game will limit the interaction between the players. Some people play the game in a hard, cutthroat manner. A two player game will lack the in your face kinds of interactions available. The latter kind of player should find some other game to play if only two players are available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmucchiello wrote:
It depends on what you expect out of the game. Some people play the game in a rather friendly manner and two player game will limit the interaction between the players. Some people play the game in a hard, cutthroat manner. A two player game will lack the in your face kinds of interactions available. The latter kind of player should find some other game to play if only two players are available.

I've found 2p can be very cutthroat and interactive. I'm more than happy to build right on top of my opponent as long as I think I can get the bigger piece of the pie. With more players you need to maximize your score, with two you just need to not do as bad as your opponent

I actually like it better with more players. With two it is good but has a very different feel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife & I frequently play on the Mexico map. Very enjoyable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmb
We only own the original map (USA East). My wife and I like playing this game together, on occasion. Yes, it's better with more. But still enjoyable. Just start close together. And 2/3 of the map probably won't be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played 2P Railways extensively. It is my main method of playing as that is often the only way we can make it happen.

In order:

Europe
North America
Great Britain
Mexico

Europe is my favorite as I know the lay of the land well. I also like how the Moscow area and the Spain area are needed to win, but most of the fighting happens in the central/northern Europe area. It really is a tense game. There are so few cubes that the middle of the map is critical to all players.

North America is good too. Each player will take an edge of the map, but the center is where the game is won with the huge deliveries on a well build track. The center is all gray so delivering from center back to edge leads to big points.

Great Britain is fast map. Super fast 2 or 3p as all the cities will be cleared very quickly. This one is hard simply because the are SO many cities.

Mexico is a going to score a lot of points. Big points for both players. Lots of action/points, but not a lot of stealing/cutting off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.