Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Lovell
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
mb
I finally made myself a really nice copy of this game from Printerstudio and finally got around to playing it. After getting a few games under my belt I think I finally have the hang of it, but I have a few questions that I don't think are clearly addressed in the rules.

1. When completing a quest and you are combating a monster, a) can you run away and still complete the quest, and b) when you win, do you still get the gold from that monster(s)? (I am assuming yes to b.)

2. With the exception of Week 5, can you run away from the monsters that are teleported to you at the beginning of weeks 2-4?

3. In the Goblin Keep Quest, when fighting the Black Goblin, when he is down to 1 HP and runs away on a roll of 1 or 2, do I still complete the quest? (I know I wouldn't get the gold from him since he ran away.)

This game is great and very difficult! Came very close to winning after about 6 or 7 tries. I'll keep at it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edlovell wrote:
I finally made myself a really nice copy of this game from Printerstudio and finally got around to playing it. After getting a few games under my belt I think I finally have the hang of it, but I have a few questions that I don't think are clearly addressed in the rules.

1. When completing a quest and you are combating a monster, a) can you run away and still complete the quest, and b) when you win, do you still get the gold from that monster(s)? (I am assuming yes to b.)

2. With the exception of Week 5, can you run away from the monsters that are teleported to you at the beginning of weeks 2-4?

3. In the Goblin Keep Quest, when fighting the Black Goblin, when he is down to 1 HP and runs away on a roll of 1 or 2, do I still complete the quest? (I know I wouldn't get the gold from him since he ran away.)

This game is great and very difficult! Came very close to winning after about 6 or 7 tries. I'll keep at it!
IoD is my first game, and I'm happy someone still play this little game. And yes, the Black Knight is hard

1)
a) Each Quest is unique and explained on the Quest card, but usually you must win that combat. If you fail the Quest, you can try to complete the Quest again in the following day (explained on the Rulebook, page 3 In a Target Location of a Quest point b)
b) Yes.Explained on page 4 5.1.2. Gameplay : Combat under Winning a Combat.
2) Yes. All combat is always treated as a regular combat, unless stated otherwise.
3) Yes. On page 4, Winning a Combat : You win a combat if your enemy is unconscious (HP=0) or your enemy runs away.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.