Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't need to know the mechanics of this game, if they are clever, or if they even make sense. This is a review or I should say an open forum review of the concept and apparently humorless condition of two dudes.

Brian Knudson and Brent Knudson, I assume, are brothers. I guess nothing beats a really twisted idea than two family members collaborating on the same bizarre twisted idea.

I just have to wonder how such a mean spirited idea was:

1) Discovered in a dream
2) Actually pushed forward as a concept
3) Actually proposed to "game publishers" and they (2) actually published this not ONCE BUT TWICE.

So whats next for this clever duo - "Kittens attached to Bottle Rockets - the expansion" or will they take their cleverness to "Dog meat pick up and delivery games" that takes place across China.

Oh and if you think I'm being harsh because ya know - it's just a "light hearted" game - relax fella - what happens when you lose? The kittens get mangled into an imagined bloody pulp, and the collective table goes oh nozzzz, we didn't save them - oh well - they're just cats? Yeah, great visual.

A person wouldn't think to run something similar in this dog loving nation (and I love dogs too) but cats and kittens are apparently fair game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you feel better now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't attempt to patronize me pal. Your welcome to your opinion and so am I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol Funny stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
And just what, exactly, is acceptable about the rules of the games cats play with birds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Aldaron wrote:
And just what, exactly, is acceptable about the rules of the games cats play with birds?

You mean the rules of nature?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it funny that you have a Family Guy avatar but are opposed to someone using disgusting/inappropriate/inhumane/insensitive humor in a card game.

Edit: Not that I'm defending the game. FWIW, I'm selling off my copy as soon as it finally arrives from KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Thanks for posting this. I agree wholeheartedly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vote with your wallet.

I'll be honest, I'm a twisted person. I might like the game, not because I can picture doing it, but because I CAN'T picture doing it, and therefore it's not "real". I don't recommend it to others, because it's not necessarily for them. It's not a game I would play with my father, because he wouldn't enjoy it, he's not the target audience. It's not a game that I'd play with my grandmother, nor my 7 year old (she's emotionally fragile - she got upset at Dice Town, because someone robs the bank). I WOULD play this with my friends, with my 11 year old daughter, with my mother - they would see the humour in the game as being just that - a game about something ridiculous.

Those that see the humour in it understand, and will sit by quietly and enjoy it with others who will too. Those who see it as something vile are not intended for this game.

And yes, I'm still waiting for Bonsai Kitten, the LCG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, I also think this is probably one of the most pathetic, immature ideas for a game I've seen. So I'm not buying or playing it. Problem solved!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a game, if you don't like it, don't buy it. There's no violent pictures of cats being blended. It's silly, and it's not serious.

This tirade has been posted a number of times before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, it is a very nice game. Wonderful artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Castef wrote:
Also, it is a very nice game. Wonderful artwork.

I used to own this, then I actually thought about the theme, and got rid of it. But here's one thing: it's not a "very nice game." The game itself, to be frank, sucks. I've felt more strategic tension in games of Uno. Literally the only thing going for this game is the ridiculously immature theme and artwork (which I don't really care for, but I'm not a cat person).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JacquesDeMolay wrote:

A person wouldn't think to run something similar in this dog loving nation (and I love dogs too) but cats and kittens are apparently fair game.

The humor is morbid... but it is also fictitious.

One of your favorite games is Up Front... one with Nazi iconography and where you can feel the thrill of being part of the Nazi regime... you know, participating in Barbarossa and contributing to the bloodlands where tens of millions of Polish, Belorussians, Jews, etc were slaughter.

What type of twisted sick person would play such a game? I mean, I can understand a war game based in some fictional universe. But this is too close to home... millions died and people are finding enjoyment in re-enacting these war crimes.

Obviously, I'm being sarcastic... but the more important question is does it hurt anyone. Best thing to do is vote with your wallet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
JacquesDeMolay wrote:
A person wouldn't think to run something similar in this dog loving nation ... but cats and kittens are apparently fair game.

Cats are vermin though, so the equation doesn't hold up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
JacquesDeMolay wrote:
Don't attempt to patronize me pal. Your welcome to your opinion and so am I.

You're welcome to your own opinion—but not your own grammar. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul D
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I hadn't come across this game before. Thanks for bringing it to my attention -- looks unique, to say the least -- I'm keen to find a copy and try it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vernon Evenhuis
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So whats next for this clever duo - "Kittens attached to Bottle Rockets - the expansion" or will they take their cleverness to "Dog meat pick up and delivery games" that takes place across China.

I doubt if the average bottle rocket would have the lift necessary to carry off a kitten. Just saying...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
White Knight wrote:

I doubt if the average bottle rocket would have the lift necessary to carry off a kitten. Just saying...

the expansion actually offers more cards for more players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every one of these types of threads just sells more copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magrot wrote:
Every one of these types of threads just sells more copies.

I am sure you won't hear the designers complaining about that one bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me either. I like the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Posts like this should be in a RANT subforum that I can easily ignore. I would happily mod all forums to move the appropriate posts so they don't clutter up the other forum areas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Edward Locke
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude... you own a copy of Puerto Rico. Those weren't "colonists".

Also, read the description: "A portion of the proceeds will be donated to a no kill cat shelter." I sincerely hope that's true.

Spend your moral outrage on something real. Yes, it's tasteless, but hardly worth outrage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Pratt
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JacquesDeMolay wrote:
I don't need to know the mechanics of this game, if they are clever, or if they even make sense. This is a review or I should say an open forum review of the concept and apparently humorless condition of two dudes.

Brian Knudson and Brent Knudson, I assume, are brothers. I guess nothing beats a really twisted idea than two family members collaborating on the same bizarre twisted idea.

I just have to wonder how such a mean spirited idea was:

1) Discovered in a dream
2) Actually pushed forward as a concept
3) Actually proposed to "game publishers" and they (2) actually published this not ONCE BUT TWICE.

Oh and if you think I'm being harsh because ya know - it's just a "light hearted" game - relax fella - what happens when you lose? The kittens get mangled into an imagined bloody pulp, and the collective table goes oh nozzzz, we didn't save them - oh well - they're just cats? Yeah, great visual.

Well, I can't speak about Brent, but I did meet Brian. He seemed like a reasonable individual. I didn't ask about the inspiration for the game, but I'll ask if I see him again.

As far as a tasteless game being published... keep in mind that the original publisher (Sandstorm) also gave us games such as Nuts! and Poo. Personally, I'm also a fan of the game Guillotine, which WOTC did. Tasteless themes abound out there. Themes for games are really just that - themes. I'll bet that most kids see worse than this game (which has a cartoonish style and no actual violent illustrations) on prime time TV. Heck, they see worse on Saturday morning cartoons.

As far as the audience, this is one of my daughters' favorite games, and they're serious cat people (with evidently a twisted sense of humor).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.