Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trade List: April Showers Bring Math Trade - US Only
Request List: April Showers Bring Math Trade - US Only(REQUESTS)

Dates
- Submissions close: Thursday April 10, 2014 at 8:30pm EST
- Wants due: MONDAY April 14, 2014 at 8:30pm EST
- Results posted: As soon as I can after close

This is the place for any questions, comments, or other discussion regarding this math trade.

Edit: Changed end date. Please note that the wantlists are due one day earlier than before. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for running another trade Matt. We appreciate you! thumbsup

Didn't you mention that you might put up guidelines as far as timing expectations on sending/accepting/shipping trades after results have been posted if you ran another? (may have just been other people discussing it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gerstbrein
United States
Granby
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I am so smart. S M R T !!!
badge
Be real!
mbmbmbmbmb
Serious kudos go out to you for running another one. Thanks for your dedication to the process!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:

Didn't you mention that you might put up guidelines as far as timing expectations on sending/accepting/shipping trades after results have been posted if you ran another? (may have just been other people discussing it)

Other people were discussing it. I don't want to overcomplicate the rules, I imagine that -that- aspect of things should be relatively common sense. Packaging and editions I can see people being lazy on--I presume people who are posting to a geeklist intend to send items out within a timely manner.

Although I am still awaiting on an item to be sent to me from one of the prior two math trades, so maybe it does merit inclusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
NuMystic wrote:

Other people were discussing it. I don't want to overcomplicate the rules, I imagine that -that- aspect of things should be relatively common sense. Packaging and editions I can see people being lazy on--I presume people who are posting to a geeklist intend to send items out within a timely manner.

Although I am still awaiting on an item to be sent to me from one of the prior two math trades, so maybe it does merit inclusion.

My own thought is that it might make things less complicated since there always seems to be a debate after as to what is expected/acceptable.

That said, I'm sure I speak for virtually everyone when I say that we trust your judgement Matt. You're an awesome trade moderator and we're so very grateful for your efforts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
heads up .... I can't approve this for the OLWLG right now... Matt, you really should subscribe to the OLWLG for organizers forum can't have a long (2 weeks again!??) duration MT right now, trying to put some changes into effect... also Trent already proposed a MT before this one popped up... please coordinate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this why I can't see the trade on OLWLG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm new to math trades... this is my first one... just one question so far...

I notice this (and most) math trades have a closing date (deadline) to add things to your offer list, and also a deadline to your "want list" that is usually a couple days or a week later. Why is this? What's the purpose of adding something to your want list (requesting someone add it to the trade) after the actual trade list is already closed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
zenpunk wrote:
So, I'm new to math trades... this is my first one... just one question so far...

I notice this (and most) math trades have a closing date (deadline) to add things to your offer list, and also a deadline to your "want list" that is usually a couple days or a week later. Why is this? What's the purpose of adding something to your want list (requesting someone add it to the trade) after the actual trade list is already closed?

If that is your only question, I feel like you have a lot more questons

everyone says what they're trading. Then everyone goes through and says what they want.

See how step two has to happen after step one is done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the purpose of the 'want list' was just to inspire/ask people to post those items to the actual trade list. The 'want list' isn't actually used by the Online Math Trader Thingy Thing, is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
zenpunk wrote:
I thought the purpose of the 'want list' was just to inspire/ask people to post those items to the actual trade list. The 'want list' isn't actually used by the Online Math Trader Thingy Thing, is it?

There's a request forum or geeklist ususally.

A wantlist on the tool means saying which games you want from the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
zenpunk wrote:

Request list: items people would like to see in the trade.
wantlist: what I'll take for this item I'm offering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
aahhh... I get it now. It's the want list that closes a couple days after the trade list, not the request geeklist, which is what I was calling the want list.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
heads up .... I can't approve this for the OLWLG right now... Matt, you really should subscribe to the OLWLG for organizers forum can't have a long (2 weeks again!??) duration MT right now, trying to put some changes into effect... also Trent already proposed a MT before this one popped up... please coordinate

So does this mean this MT isn't going to happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattie Schraeder
United States
Jacksonville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4/04 Math Trade Not Found
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mb
frozensolid wrote:
4/04 Math Trade Not Found

I'm still laughing at this...thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize profusely if I caused any problems. Just got to this now had a late start this morning. I will check out that thread and see what I can rectify. Sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no problems whatsoever with hestiansun running a math trade. I was discussing starting a virtually identical U.S.-only math trade with JeffyJeff on the OLWLG Math Trade Organizers thread, but hestiansun was the one who took the initiative to start one.

JeffyJeff is actually doing some software upgrades to the OLWLG, which is why I had not started one yet - I was waiting on his thumbs-up. I don't know whether the software upgrades will put the stops to this trade or not.

Again, I absolutely don't mind at all if someone else starts a math trade right now (or ever). Like everyone else, I just want to see math trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
We can be gluttons for punishment and run a trade without the OLWLG. ninja devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
We can be gluttons for punishment and run a trade without the OLWLG. ninja devil

I'll help, as soon as I get a new ribbon for my typewriter .......................DING!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
I have no problems whatsoever with hestiansun running a math trade. I was discussing starting a virtually identical U.S.-only math trade with JeffyJeff on the OLWLG Math Trade Organizers thread, but hestiansun was the one who took the initiative to start one.

JeffyJeff is actually doing some software upgrades to the OLWLG, which is why I had not started one yet - I was waiting on his thumbs-up. I don't know whether the software upgrades will put the stops to this trade or not.

Again, I absolutely don't mind at all if someone else starts a math trade right now (or ever). Like everyone else, I just want to see math trades.

So, folks, what's happening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt just posted in the OLWLG thread asking what he should do. It's up in the air right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wolfe
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt, maybe you should temporarily prevent people from adding items to the geeklist just in case the math trade has to be scrapped. Since the submission period is so long, I don't know if a delay of a day or 2 would matter.

I know I'm waiting to add anything until I hear if the OLWLG will be available or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
oh my, this is all my fault, isn't it? I just knew I would screw up my first math trade....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I took the opposite tact and posted my items just in case it IS still on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.