Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just want to be absolutely clear..for each move action, where you move up to your influence that amount of gangsters 3 spaces, you can only have one contested space per move? See each action that I have I can only contest one space?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bishop
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey good question Chris..!
I forget where exactly in which forum it was discussed but a while back, it was decided "as per the rulebook" that you can only attack one square at a time.
To me, that always felt like "too much" harness, like if you were Red and you wanted to do the whole swarm tactic, that was your right because, after all, you're Red huh, it's what you do.
So I made it one of my Bishop's Alternative City (of Remnants) Rules and if you wanted to take a peek, here's the link, I think it's post number forty three on page five...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/showthread.php?2608-...

Fight the Yugai people..!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds cool....I want get the normal rules down pat before I start adding house rules. The rules, for some reason, maybe it's the way its worded, just aren't crystal clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clévy
France
Strasbourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myoman wrote:
The rules, for some reason, maybe it's the way its worded, just aren't crystal clear.

P.13 under 'moving into spaces with enemies':

Quote:
He can never move his figures into more than 1 space containing enemies during a single turn.

I don't mean to be snarky but what is not clear about it? At the end of your turn when performing the move action--after moving all the figures you want (up to your influence)--only one space may be contested.

I do know what you mean though some things aren't very clear; I found the faq quite helpful for this game. Did you read that too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Salvato
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The confusion could come from the word "turn" rather than using a more specific term like "movement" or "activation" or "action." It could be argued that you may only attack once per ROUND.

I think the intent is that it is one attack per Move action, meaning at most, you can attack 4 enemy-controlled squares per ROUND.

Red can still do plenty of damage with his Scrappers, and by stacking his deck with high-combat recruits.

Personally, I have found the CoR rulebook to be just a tad bit too vague and unspecific, and not putting enough emphasis on important rules like this one - in fact, we missed this in our first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.