Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Age of Empires III: The Age of Discovery» Forums » General

Subject: Still available at Eagle... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Howard Massey
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was late to the party on this game. wow
Eaglegames still has AoE & Builder expansion package priced for $110.00 With free UPS.

Just thought I'd pass along...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kskato wrote:
I was late to the party on this game. wow
Eaglegames still has AoE & Builder expansion package priced for $110.00 With free UPS.

Just thought I'd pass along...


A new version is expected, this price seems high.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When you consider the size of the game and that it includes the expansion AND free shipping, if the price is high, it's not by much. There's no guarantee that a new edition will be better than the old one. I've almost pulled the trigger on this, but not quite.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ipgyst wrote:
When you consider the size of the game and that it includes the expansion AND free shipping, if the price is high, it's not by much. There's no guarantee that a new edition will be better than the old one. I've almost pulled the trigger on this, but not quite.


wasn't the base game around $40 and expansion $25? It's not a bad price but not really great.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that retailers don't have the game, brand new you'd be lucky to find it for under $60. $20 for the expansion and $20 for shipping, and you're close. If their price was $90, I'd own it already.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And when they kickstart it (I'm assuming they will kickstart it) later this year, I'd guess maybe $80 would get you the game with the expansion. But that is just a wild guess.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ipgyst wrote:
And when they kickstart it (I'm assuming they will kickstart it) later this year, I'd guess maybe $80 would get you the game with the expansion. But that is just a wild guess.


I'm hoping the new edition has some improvements to the board. We'll see.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ipgyst wrote:
Now that retailers don't have the game, brand new you'd be lucky to find it for under $60. $20 for the expansion and $20 for shipping, and you're close. If their price was $90, I'd own it already.


Yea, It a bird in the hand thing..

New AoE @ $60.00 to hard to find
New Expansion show @ $27-35.00

Who knows about the next edition

I pulled the trigger _ Glad I did !
Played solo / 4 player a couple of times.
Fun Game !!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
ipgyst wrote:
And when they kickstart it (I'm assuming they will kickstart it) later this year, I'd guess maybe $80 would get you the game with the expansion. But that is just a wild guess.


I'm hoping the new edition has some improvements to the board. We'll see.


Reallyy.. organize the board, clean up the rule book and how about some blue water

Just wonder about 2014 cost Vs 2007 production costs.
Definitly needs to have the same high level of quality components cool
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kskato wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
ipgyst wrote:
And when they kickstart it (I'm assuming they will kickstart it) later this year, I'd guess maybe $80 would get you the game with the expansion. But that is just a wild guess.


I'm hoping the new edition has some improvements to the board. We'll see.


Reallyy.. organize the board, clean up the rule book and how about some blue water

Just wonder about 2014 cost Vs 2007 production costs.
Definitly needs to have the same high level of quality components cool


I'd honestly be a bit worried about production costs. The original version has a looooot of plastic and quality plastic components don't come cheap these days, especially compared to almost ten years ago.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.