Dean Cox
msg tools
Hi all,

The card game I am developing and trying to fund on Kickstarter right now "Cards of Candor" has questions about the topics: Religion, Sex and Politics.

I think its great to be able to ask questions about these sometimes taboo topics at a party - especially when you can remain anonymous in your answer!

What do you think? Should these topics be discussed at a party or not?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Dean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
dean_cox wrote:
Hi all,

The card game I am developing and trying to fund on Kickstarter right now "Cards of Candor" has questions about the topics: Religion, Sex and Politics.

I think its great to be able to ask questions about these sometimes taboo topics at a party - especially when you can remain anonymous in your answer!

Dean

When gaming we tend to stick to discussing our favorite spiced canned meat products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:
dean_cox wrote:
Hi all,

Dean

When gaming we tend to stick to discussing our favorite spiced canned meat products.
That's a bit like saying our favorite place to be punched.

Without a doubt spiced canned meat food products are proof that...
A.there is no god
B.You do not have enough guns
C.Obama is worse then Hitler
D.Homosexuals should be allowed to have abortions paid for by Mormons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Do you know the game Privacy?

Your idea seems quite similar to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you're going to the wrong parties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
My first impression is "no way."

It would depend on the specifics of your game and the group.

I briefly scanned your page
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deancox/cards-of-candor...

It would definitely take a certain kind of group to enjoy RSP questions as a party game.

In short, I would expect especially the R and P questions would keep this game from gaining broad popularity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.