Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The fourth conversion of the custom villains from of the fan made expansion The Cauldron: The Ram. I went a slightly different route on this conversion. Of course the Up Close mechanic is still there, there is no longer any damage reduction on the Ram. Instead it gives bonuses to damage the Ram and as a counterpart it greatly reduce damage to other villain target, making the Ram into a literal Tank, with the highest HP of the group.

For the original solo custom villain from tosx go to this Custom Villain: Th Ram Thread

For more alternate and custom villains go to Yoshi's Scum and Villainy Thread.

The Ram (HP:40)
Setup
At the start of the game, put the Ram’s villain character card into play, Mechanical Juggernaut side up.
Search the Ram’s deck for the Grappling Claw and put it into play. Remove these cards from the Ram’s deck: 1 Fall Back, 1 Falling Meteor, 1 Rocket Pod, and 2 Personal Defense Spine. Shuffle the Ram’s deck.
Gameplay
At the start of a hero's turn, if that hero is not Up Close, you may take a copy of Up Close from the Ram’s trash and play it next to that hero.
Increase damage dealt to the Ram by Up Close targets by 1. Reduce damage dealt to Villain targets not associated with the Ram BY Up Close targets by 2.
In the Ram’s cards text, replace “Villain deck” by “the Ram’s deck” and “Villain Turn” by “the Ram’s Turn”. (H) = 3 regardless of the number of heroes in play.
Advanced
Increase damage to up close targets by 1.

The Ram (Incapacitated)
Reduce damage dealt by the hero target with the highest HP by 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
some of the text says Tam, instead of Ram.

Is the advanced text damage bonus just for the Ram or for every villain?

I love the -2 to damage dealt to other targets, but as is, it really looks to have no reason to ever be close up until you finish off the other villains, and then you all close up and pound the Ram, esp. when a decent number of his cards will be focused on close up heroes, it makes sense to just ignore the Ram.
Recharge Circuits and power Node would be annoying, but you could selectively deal with those.

I'll playtest it when I get the chance, But I want to work on the last three official ones, and it's going to be a bit crazy until after Pax East.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the advanced text damage bonus just for the Ram or for every villain?
All villains.

I am not sure that leaving the Ram is a safe option, also he tends to bring people up close. Let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoski Broski
msg tools
Played this the other night- by round 3 the ram was pretty much unstoppable...

Definitely felt a bit broken. He stomped us with no question- the problem being he did not play any up close cards pretty much the whole game. Going to house rule this one- seeing how there is also all the other villains to worry about to what the original had- at the beginning of the game put all of the up close cards in the rams trash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.