Järfälla
Stockholms Län
flag msg tools
Aaaaahhh'm the best singer!
badge
Bbbbbut that's not fair!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a mail from Amazon.co.uk with updated postage costs:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId...

Looks like I will no longer be able to take advantage of the Camel or the flash deals that come up from time to time

Any ideas on how to get around this and have Amazon.de also upped their shipping rates, I seem to remember that they were quite reasonable beforehand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah so it's not just Belgium.

Maybe Amazon Prime is the way to go now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But isn't Prime limited to Germany from Amzon.de? (And to the UK from amazon.co.uk) That's what I read, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Upkar Gata-Aura
Sweden
Järfälla
Stockholms Län
flag msg tools
badge
Bbbbbut that's not fair!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I could get around this with a Prime account I would. I think over the course of a year I would save enough to make it worthwhile. Anyone know if this strategy would work out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano Amato
Italy
Rozzano
Milano
flag msg tools
mb
enoon wrote:
But isn't Prime limited to Germany from Amzon.de? (And to the UK from amazon.co.uk) That's what I read, anyway.

Yes, prime is only for national shipping...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
digter
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG! That's really bad.

Guess I shouldn't have waited with Castles of Burgundy. Oh well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien
Belgium
Brugge
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This doesn't apply to Amazon.de, Amazon.es, Amazon.it and Amazon.fr does it? At least I didn't get notified.

Amazon.es and Amazon.de frequently have better deals than Amazon.co.uk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
S1mk1n wrote:
This doesn't apply to Amazon.de, Amazon.es, Amazon.it and Amazon.fr does it? At least I didn't get notified.

Mental note, start checking out Amazon.es
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes i got the same email...

I buy a lot from amazon, either UK, DE or ES... Boardgames, books, cds, blurays... but without super saver delivery...

so long Amazon... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Upkar Gata-Aura
Sweden
Järfälla
Stockholms Län
flag msg tools
badge
Bbbbbut that's not fair!
mbmbmbmbmb
S1mk1n wrote:

Is there a way to compare product prices across these sites?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zippy1979 wrote:
S1mk1n wrote:

Is there a way to compare product prices across these sites?

There is but I'm not saying because someone there registered on BGG just to send me a GM about the site because I happened to mention it before.

I kid you not.

Al Pnoia
Belgium
flag msg tools

(Of course, this is vanity on my part. I'm sure Al is a regular gamer and registering just happened to co-incide with their spider picking up their name on BGG).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Schumacher
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG, i got the same email this morning. cry But only from Amazon.co.uk not from Amazon.de !!

I sooo hope that Amazon.de keeps delivering for free to the Netherlands (and of course to every other country for you guys... )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda B.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
google: amazon compare prices

on topic: Have not received an email, but I may have signed out of those. I mostly order at .de so I hope their delivery will stay the same. Good time to order the thing I was planning on for some time now.

Edit: Found this article about it: http://tweakers.net/nieuws/95204/britse-tak-amazon-stopt-met.... (sorry in dutch) It says that it is unclear why they stop the free delivery but that it only effects the uk-amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nooooooooo...cry

Oh well, good thing I don't really NEED more games. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Berg von Linde
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
Waiting in line for RFTG: Alien Artifacts since 2010
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont think .de shipping has changed since it has never been free anyway. But yeah, it was probably too expensive for them in the long run. Good news for other online stores I suppose
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Schumacher
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joelpetersen wrote:
I dont think .de shipping has changed since it has never been free anyway.

If you ordered directly from Amazon instead of second-party dealers then shipping was free above 20€.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Berg von Linde
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
Waiting in line for RFTG: Alien Artifacts since 2010
mbmbmbmbmb
calceolarius wrote:
joelpetersen wrote:

If you ordered directly from Amazon instead of second-party dealers then shipping was free above 20€.

Nope. It was free from .co.uk if you ordered for over 20 pounds, but not from the german store. Its pretty reasonable though, around 5-6 euro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
calceolarius wrote:
joelpetersen wrote:

Probably depended on where you live. I don't think I've ever had free shipping from .de.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tssfulk wrote:
calceolarius wrote:
joelpetersen wrote:

Probably depended on where you live. I don't think I've ever had free shipping from .de.

It did depend. In the UK you can get free shipping on everything from Amazon except smaller items which you had to order with other items. But a single book or CD would normally be free. We do not even have the limit anymore.

But I have never received free shipping to the UK from .de although that would be nice. Reckon last order I put in was more expensive though shipping wise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg have free shipping over 20€ on Amazon.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth what it is, but I just signed this petition;

https://www.change.org/petitions/amazon-reinstate-free-shipp...#

There's an outrage on the Amazon forums at the moment, I doubt this will change anything though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoogoo wrote:

There's an outrage on the Amazon forums at the moment, I doubt this will change anything though.

... wow. Just wow. I think someone misunderstood what the 'free' in free trade stands for... Now, don't get me wrong, I feel for everyone impacted by this, it sucks that things now get more expensive for you. But international shipping is friggin' expensive, and if Amazon decides they are not willing to absorb these costs anymore, then that is a totally valid business decision. Consumers do not have a right to free shipping.

'offensive to consumers'... 'counter-intuitive to the principles of free trade and democracy'... for some reason I feel pretty confident that guy has a Che Guevara-T-Shirt...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antony Alexander
United Kingdom
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KnobblySavage wrote:
Shoogoo wrote:

....'offensive to consumers'... 'counter-intuitive to the principles of free trade and democracy'... for some reason I feel pretty confident that guy has a Che Guevara-T-Shirt...

Doubt it. It hasn't been trendy to wear Guevara stuff for thirty odd years so anyone with one would be clued up enough to laugh at the comments you quote and find Amazon itself offensive and 'counter-intuitive to the principles of free trade and democracy'. The person you quote is somebody who has a strong case of "entitlement delusion".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Pnoia
Belgium
flag msg tools
Time to use Pricenoia (https://pricenoia.com) to check other european Amazons, including shipping.

from the site description:

Pricenoia compares prices on every Amazon store

In your currency including shipping costs to your country
Buy when the price is right with our detailed price chart
Set alerts and receive an email when the price drops
Discover daily and hourly price drops in any category

And there's a 'Fake drop protection' new feature in the Price drops section.. pretty interesting.. more:
http://pricenoia.tumblr.com/post/80923595663/march-2014-upda...)

hope it helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
draghetto wrote:
enoon wrote:

Yes, prime is only for national shipping...
Also, Prime (UK) recently went up from £50 to £80 becuase they've merged LoveFilm into it. So if you're no interest in using a 2nd rate online video service, you get an amazingly bad deal on priority shipping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.